FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL
| | |-+  Gold Coast (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | | |-+  Young SUN ready to roam: Kolodjashnij's midfield push
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Young SUN ready to roam: Kolodjashnij's midfield push  (Read 633 times)
Ricochet
Coaching Legend

2014 AF Elxam Champ; Dublin are pie

« on: February 12, 2015, 09:08:39 AM »

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2015-02-12/young-sun-ready-to-roam-kolodjashnijs-midfield-push

GOLD Coast is set to unleash its best runner to roam free up and down a wing this season.

Kade Kolodjashnij had a terrific debut season in 2014, and with a full pre-season on top of an already elite endurance base, will shift further afield from his half-back base from last year.

Throughout last year the teenage Tasmanian was used on a wing at stages - now new mentor Rodney Eade is set to release him on a more permanent basis.

He might be one of the youngest, but Kolodjashnij frequently wins the SUNS' 2km time trials - including the most recent two weeks ago - outstripping the likes of noted aerobic animals Dion Prestia, Alex Sexton and David Swallow.

"I've been playing wing in the match simulation at training, so I'll probably look to push a little bit more up the ground this year," Kolodjashnij told AFL.com.au.

"I should get more footy up the ground. A lot of my possessions last year were in the back half, so hopefully I can use my running ability to get up the ground and have more inside 50 opportunities."

Kellogscrunchynut
Journeyman Coach

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 04:26:17 PM »

See how he shapes up in the pre season, if he can get his hands on the footy he could be a decent DT pick.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines