FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
BlogForumApp

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL
| | |-+  West Coast (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | | |-+  West Coast 2015 Season,Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: West Coast 2015 Season,Discussion  (Read 25384 times)
LF
Master Coach

2016 m0nty Medallist DT - 29th Overall DT 2016

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2015, 09:30:49 PM »

I really think Colledge deserves a run,he is dominating in the WAFL and I think we could really use his bigger body in our mids
Big Mac
Veteran Coach

SC 2016 - 1445th - 2015 - 151st - 2014 - 41st

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2015, 06:00:34 PM »

No Lamb  :(
LF
Master Coach

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2015, 06:08:00 PM »

No Lamb  :(

No
But Colledge named hope he makes the cut now
DALBS
Bootstudder

If you want to hide your face, go out naked.

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2015, 07:18:21 AM »

I'm playing in the curtain raiser before the Derby tomorrow for Rockingham Rams. We start at 12.15pm. I can't wait. It's like a dream come true. We get to watch the Eagles game afterwards too.
Big Mac
Veteran Coach

SC 2016 - 1445th - 2015 - 151st - 2014 - 41st

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2015, 07:23:43 AM »

I'm playing in the curtain raiser before the Derby tomorrow for Rockingham Rams. We start at 12.15pm. I can't wait. It's like a dream come true. We get to watch the Eagles game afterwards too.

Sounds like fun mate good luck  :)
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2015, 07:27:00 AM »

Awesome mate, good luck! :)
DALBS
Bootstudder

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2015, 07:55:24 AM »

Cheers guys, I'll need it.
Ricochet
Coaching Legend

2014 AF Elxam Champ; Dublin are pie

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2015, 08:49:21 AM »

Nice work mate. Towards the end of the game is the best as some of the crowd start rolling in early for the Eagles
DALBS
Bootstudder

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2015, 07:11:53 AM »

Nice work mate. Towards the end of the game is the best as some of the crowd start rolling in early for the Eagles

I hope so, I've told everyone I know to be there to hurl abuse at me, I'll just love the occasion to be honest.
elephants
Master Coach

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2015, 08:57:00 PM »

How'd it go man?
valkorum
Veteran Coach

FYFEY!!

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2015, 11:23:41 AM »

How did it go Dalbs.  I played in a curtain raiser 2 seasons ago (rd 4 Freo v Bombers).  It's an amazing experience that I will never forget.
LF
Master Coach

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2015, 05:38:20 PM »

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-04-20/colledge-earns-top-marks

Strong-bodied midfielder Brant Colledge continues to press for a recall to elite football with another stand-out display for East Perth at Medibank Stadium on Saturday.

Colledge, 20, was initially recruited to the club as a key forward, but has been transformed into a midfielder over the past 18 months, racking up big numbers for the third successive game when the Royals started well before falling away against Peel.

At 192cm and 90kg, he has the physical attributes required and will certainly be discussed at match committee this week as the club seeks to put out a team capable of winning against Brisbane at the Gabba on Sunday.

Against Peel, Colledge had 38 possessions and kicked two goals, offering a strong presence when pushing into the forward half. Had he executed his shots on a goal a little more clinically, he could easily have had four goals against his name.

Debutant Tom Barrass, whose entry to senior football at East Perth has been stymied by injury in the last two years, made an eye-catching introduction, taking nine marks and using the ball efficiently out of the back half.

While Barrass was recruited to the club as a key defender, two players not so familiar to the defensive role spent time at centre half-back.

Callum Sinclair and Fraser McInnes are better known as forwards who can offer a chop out in the ruck, but given the club’s diminishing stocks of key defensive talent, were used in that role by East Perth - each spending a half in that capacity.

Both showed adaptability and certainly did not look out of place. Sinclair played there in the first half before switching up with McInnes in the second.

Young midfielder Alec Waterman, who had virtually two weeks off because of a minor back injury and then the bye, enjoyed another productive day around the stoppages and had more than 20 possessions again, while Kane Lucas was particularly effective in the first half, but continued to chip away throughout.

Tom Lamb was on restricted game time, after being rested a week earlier. It was a tough introduction for him as he knew only his West Coast teammates and it was a difficult adjustment.

Defender Paddy Brophy continues to blossom and develop, offering some dash off half-back and continue to grow his defensive skills.

Midfielder Mark Hutchings, in his first competitive hit-out of the year, played 60 minutes and had 23 possessions. He was understandably rusty early, but was a class above all others and should this week increase his game time and play senior footy.

Rowen Powell kicked three goals and will look to enhance his defensive capacity up forward, while Dylan Main played half back and wing, kicked the ball well and was a strong contributor.

Corey Adamson, a former state schoolboy representative, is reacquainting himself with the game after spending several years in the American baseball system and is developing a deeper understanding each week.           
The_Captain
Seasoned Coach

I am the captain now!

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2015, 07:12:17 PM »

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-04-20/colledge-earns-top-marks

Strong-bodied midfielder Brant Colledge continues to press for a recall to elite football with another stand-out display for East Perth at Medibank Stadium on Saturday.

Colledge, 20, was initially recruited to the club as a key forward, but has been transformed into a midfielder over the past 18 months, racking up big numbers for the third successive game when the Royals started well before falling away against Peel.

At 192cm and 90kg, he has the physical attributes required and will certainly be discussed at match committee this week as the club seeks to put out a team capable of winning against Brisbane at the Gabba on Sunday.

Against Peel, Colledge had 38 possessions and kicked two goals, offering a strong presence when pushing into the forward half. Had he executed his shots on a goal a little more clinically, he could easily have had four goals against his name.

Debutant Tom Barrass, whose entry to senior football at East Perth has been stymied by injury in the last two years, made an eye-catching introduction, taking nine marks and using the ball efficiently out of the back half.

While Barrass was recruited to the club as a key defender, two players not so familiar to the defensive role spent time at centre half-back.

Callum Sinclair and Fraser McInnes are better known as forwards who can offer a chop out in the ruck, but given the club’s diminishing stocks of key defensive talent, were used in that role by East Perth - each spending a half in that capacity.

Both showed adaptability and certainly did not look out of place. Sinclair played there in the first half before switching up with McInnes in the second.

Young midfielder Alec Waterman, who had virtually two weeks off because of a minor back injury and then the bye, enjoyed another productive day around the stoppages and had more than 20 possessions again, while Kane Lucas was particularly effective in the first half, but continued to chip away throughout.

Tom Lamb was on restricted game time, after being rested a week earlier. It was a tough introduction for him as he knew only his West Coast teammates and it was a difficult adjustment.

Defender Paddy Brophy continues to blossom and develop, offering some dash off half-back and continue to grow his defensive skills.

Midfielder Mark Hutchings, in his first competitive hit-out of the year, played 60 minutes and had 23 possessions. He was understandably rusty early, but was a class above all others and should this week increase his game time and play senior footy.

Rowen Powell kicked three goals and will look to enhance his defensive capacity up forward, while Dylan Main played half back and wing, kicked the ball well and was a strong contributor.

Corey Adamson, a former state schoolboy representative, is reacquainting himself with the game after spending several years in the American baseball system and is developing a deeper understanding each week.           

Can't believe our 3 best key Blackman have all gone down in first 3 rounds! Chucking a ruckman at Chb. We have hit rock bottom lol. None the less but. I have a mate who plays for East perth ressies and he reckons barass is very decent! Playing ressies 2 weeks ago and straight into league last weekend! He could be a chance real soon!

Colledge must come in this week. And either mciness or barass to cover McGovern for a couple weeks.
Nige
Master Coach

Break necks.

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2015, 07:20:56 PM »

BRING ON THE HUTCH!
LF
Master Coach

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2015, 07:31:39 PM »

Colledge should have played this week.
But he should come in and play from the get go,not be given the green this week.
McInnes made the 25 for the weekend so I guess he will likely come in for Jezza this week and I reckon Colledge in for Duggan.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines