FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL
| | |-+  Western Bulldogs (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | | |-+  Best 22
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best 22  (Read 1430 times)
meow meow
Hardened Coach

« on: October 21, 2015, 01:21:49 AM »

Teams rarely ever get their best 22 on the park but assuming we have no injuries and don't need to consider team balance then this is our best line up for 2016:

B: Bob Murphy, Fletcher Roberts, Dale Morris
HB: Easton Wood, Joel Hamling, Matthew Boyd
C: Jack Macrae, Mitch Wallis, Liam Picken
HF: Lachie Hunter, Stewart Crameri, Luke Dahlhaus
F: Jake Stringer, Tom Boyd, Tory Dickson
R: Jordan Roughead, Marcus Bontempelli, Koby Stevens
I: Jason Johannison, Matthew Suckling, Tom Liberatore, ??

Maybe Biggs.
Maybe we want Roughy down back so Campbell/Wilbur come in.
Maybe we want a young defender like Prudden, Webb or Cordy to get some gametime.
Maybe Jong has another huge preseason and starts next year like he started 2015.
Maybe Clay Smith stops doing his ACL.
Maybe we keep Grant and he keeps his spot.
Maybe The Package plays midfield, Crameri plays 3rd tall and Redpath comes in as the KPF.

It's likely that the spot will go to one of our similar small mid/forwards in Daniel, Hrovat, Dale, Honeychurch or my personal favourite and superstar in the making, Toby McLean.

Talia is gone and Grant doesn't look like getting another contract so there's 4 spots available on the senior list. Armed with picks 11, 30, 51 and 69 Simon Dalrymple might grab a couple who could see gametime in 2016, although we're probably looking for another key position player or two and they'll toil away in the VFL for a while.

We've got only 1 player on the rookie list (Roarke Smith - did his ACL late in the year so will miss the whole season) and if Grant doesn't find a home he'll likely end up on the rookie list.
elephants
2016 AXVIII SC Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 04:34:01 PM »

Shane Biggs is a gun! Needs to be best 22 imo. Although that backline looks pretty settled (Biggs obvs not a KPD).

Would llike to see Jong excel
meow meow
Hardened Coach

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 12:43:08 AM »

Biggs has some of the most awful clanger kicks I've ever seen. He'll replace Boyd or Murphy as a lock in the 22 in 2017 but for next year I'd say he's on the fringe. But we'll get injuries and if he's our 23rd best player he'll play most weeks anyway.
elephants
2016 AXVIII SC Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 10:53:02 AM »

Biggs has some of the most awful clanger kicks I've ever seen. He'll replace Boyd or Murphy as a lock in the 22 in 2017 but for next year I'd say he's on the fringe. But we'll get injuries and if he's our 23rd best player he'll play most weeks anyway.

Sure, but I rate him. He provides good rebound and its the clangers across halfback that stand out the most given its position on the field.

Like I said though, hard to displace one of Boyd/Murphy/Wood from the rebounding position so you're on the money with the 2017 call.
meow meow
Hardened Coach

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 01:31:09 PM »

AFL.com...

B: Dale Morris, Fletcher Roberts, Robert Murphy
HB: Easton Wood, Joel Hamling, Matthew Boyd
C: Jason Johanissen, Tom Liberatore, Jack Macrae
HF: Luke Dahlhaus, Stewart Crameri, Matt Suckling,
F: Tory Dickson, Tom Boyd, Jake Stringer
Foll: Jordan Roughead, Mitch Wallis, Marcus Bontempelli
I/C: Lachie Hunter, Liam Picken, Koby Stevens, Toby McLean

DEPTH
Key-position defenders: Marcus Adams, Kieran Collins, Zaine Cordy
General defenders: Shane Biggs, Lukas Webb, Josh Prudden, Roarke Smith*, Jed Adcock*, Bradley Lynch*
Key-position forwards: Jack Redpath
General forwards: Bailey Dale, Mitch Honeychurch, Declan Hamilton, Caleb Daniel
Midfielders: Nathan Hrovat, Lin Jong, Clay Smith, Josh Dunkley, Bailey Williams
Rucks: Tom Campbell, Luke Goetz*, Will Minson

The Dogs have decent depth across all lines and have some of the most exciting youngsters in the competition. Shane Biggs is unlucky to miss, but the running defender will get plenty of chances with veterans Robert Murphy and Matthew Boyd unlikely to play every game. Tom Boyd gets the nod ahead of Jack Redpath with another pre-season under his belt. Second-year youngsters Bailey Dale, Lukas Webb, Caleb Daniel and Zaine Cordy are ready to go if a spot opens up while Will Minson and rookie recruit Jed Adcock are handy back-ups. Tough-as-teak midfielder Clay Smith will probably miss most of the season while he recovers from this third knee reconstruction in as many years. - Ryan Davidson
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 01:38:31 PM »

What's your take on it meow, do you agree with that one?
meow meow
Hardened Coach

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 02:37:57 PM »

Yeah its the same 22 as I had up a few weeks ago.

I'd expect Collins to be fighting for Hamling's spot in the 22.
kilbluff1985
Master Coach

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 10:47:25 PM »

yeah  Marcus Adams looks AFL ready will be right in the mix actually
meow meow
Hardened Coach

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 12:18:31 PM »

Would expect Adams to take Hamlings spot if he has a good nab.

Redpath might replace Crameri or maybe Bont plays CHF and Biggs/Adcock/Dunkley come in. Maybe Roughead plays CHF and Minson plays ruck but I doubt that since Roughead isn't much of a forward and we'd be slow as shower with him and Boyd up forward.

Wallis will continue to play half forward like he did in the 2nd half of 2015 allowing Dahl to remain as a full time midfielder.
Ricochet
Coaching Legend

2014 AF Elxam Champ; Dublin are pie

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 12:27:09 PM »

Wallis will continue to play half forward like he did in the 2nd half of 2015 allowing Dahl to remain as a full time midfielder.
Interesting meow. Wallis mid/fwd in 2017 >:D

Good to see that role didn't hinder his scoring this year
meow meow
Hardened Coach

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 12:52:05 PM »

Thought he was a sneaky chance to get DPP this year, hence my interest in him in wxv trade period. Really he should have it and Dahl should be the one who is mid only. I expect him to get it in 2017 if he plays the same role for the whole year.
Ricochet
Coaching Legend

2014 AF Elxam Champ; Dublin are pie

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 12:53:12 PM »

Thought he was a sneaky chance to get DPP this year, hence my interest in him in wxv trade period. Really he should have it and Dahl should be the one who is mid only. I expect him to get it in 2017 if he plays the same role for the whole year.
That... would be awesome for NDT  ;D
meow meow
Hardened Coach

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 06:41:13 PM »

Don't think much will change when the draftees come in so this one should be quite easy to predict who is in contention for a spot for 2017

B: Murphy, Roberts, Morris
HB: JJ, Adams, Wood
C: Macrae, Liberatore, Hunter
HF: Picken, Crameri, Dickson
F: Stringer, Cloke, Smith
R: Roughead, Dahlhaus, Bontempelli
I: Boyd, Boyd, Dunkley, Daniel

Biggs, Suckling (wing) and Williams as defensive depth.
Cordy, Collins as KPD depth
Jong, Webb, Honey and later Wallis as mid depth
Campbell as ruck depth
McLean, Dale as forward depth
Redpath later as KPF depth

A few spots to consider when we go to the draft. A general forward like Venables would be handy at 18. Bolton as an outside mid/silky forward at 26 would be nice. Could use another KPD and Ruckman too.

I don't think guys like Roarke Smith, Prudden, Hamilton will see any senior action.

Should be a premiership contender again since there's really no weaknesses in the 22 and the depth is quite strong despite losing Hamling, Stevens and Hrovat.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:43:29 PM by meow meow » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines