FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL
| | |-+  Hawthorn (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | | |-+  Welcome To Hawthorn - 2015 Rookies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome To Hawthorn - 2015 Rookies  (Read 1095 times)
Master Coach

Grew Up On Or Around A Spud Farm

« on: November 27, 2015, 12:20:57 PM »

Pick 18 - Luke Surman (Norwood) 197cm/98kg Defender

Brenton Phillips - He's come out of a junior basketball program. He's played a lot of representative basketball and has really only taken footy seriously this year. Speaking to his parents, I think he and they thought he was going to have a bit of a sports-free year and just play a bit of school footy, but he's jumped up quickly, we were crying out for key defenders in our side and he fitted that bill nicely. I think he has a huge amount of upside, he doesn't play with any intensity at the moment but once he learns how to do that and starts to do it he's going to be a big, imposing figure.

Pick 36 - Kade Stewart (South Fremantle) 181cm/69kg Midfielder

Mr.Craig - A contested ball winner who seemed to make the transition from WA Colts through to Reserves/League fairly easily. Not a huge ball winner but is consistent and clearly puts his head over the ball with a total of 63 frees for and 36 against in his junior career. Averaged 13.3 disposals in his 3 Championship games. Already has a good defensive side to his game and some more meat on the bone will help him compete at the stoppages.

As expected we redrafted Woody and picked up the Irish kid, Conor Glass.

We got the tall defender we needed but he'll need a few years to develop. Stewart seems like a decent type.
Expert Coach

Final 2015 rankings..... AF:1439 DT:379 SC:6014

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 11:35:05 PM »

Knew you'd be happy with the key defender, Craigy ;)

These guys are all complete unknowns to me, I wish them luck and look forward to seeing them in action in the NAB maybe! :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines