2016 DREAMTEAM PLAYER PROFILETOM MITCHELL
39 (including finals)
DREAMTEAM SCORES/AVERAGES2015 Scores: 2015 Games/Average:
From a DT perspective, you could argue that Tom Mitchell had a breakout season, increasing his average by 20 points a game from 2014 to 2015. We all knew this was coming though, it was just a matter of when. Even with two sub affected scores he still managed to average an elite 106.65.
- Arguably has a higher ceiling than Fantasy legends like Ablett and Rockliff, evidenced by his 138, 142 and 163 in his last 3 games last year.
- Has a high floor. Excluding vests, his lowest score during the 2015 home and away season was 87.
- Reliable, with nearly 2/3 of his scores being tons in 2015.
- Questions on whether he actually has a role or not in the team, and if so, the right one.
- While when he plays he's reliable, in his early career he has not been on the field has he would have liked.
If you are not stupid, you would know that Tom Mitchell can score and score well in DT. While that is undoubted the problem has been thus far is his ability to play games since it seems that John Longmire does not like him. Hopefully he made his case to Longmire in 2015 and plays regularly and in the right role for 2016. If the aforementioned does happen, I would expect him to be amongst the top 5 averaging players in the competition, making him a bargain to pick in DT this year.