FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  AFL fantasy competitions
| |-+  XVs Competitions
| | |-+  British XVs (Moderators: Ringo, GoLions)
| | | |-+  British General Discussion 2017/18 Season
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: British General Discussion 2017/18 Season  (Read 972 times)
Rids
Coach
Bootstudder

Fantasy Coach

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2017, 03:34:28 PM »

I might have missed the whole reasoning, but why is the National draft for BXV starting so late on the 9th Dec?

GoLions
Master Coach

Get around the Kate Upton Cobras!

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 03:42:51 PM »

I might have missed the whole reasoning, but why is the National draft for BXV starting so late on the 9th Dec?
I'll be away until the 6th with no internet, and Ringo decided to wait until I'm back to start the draft to make sure that everything goes smoothly from an admin perspective. Will look to start the draft on the 8th though, after delistings are processed.
GoLions
Master Coach

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 03:43:46 PM »

We also don't think time should be an issue, finished both drafts within 3 days last year iirc
Rids
Coach
Bootstudder

Fantasy Coach

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2017, 03:59:44 PM »

That is frustrating. I will have next to no access then. Luckily Grope Lane only has 3 picks in the national draft so we won't hold the draft up too much but there is every chance we will be using the 24 hours each time.

If the rookie draft starts too close to Christmas then that will cause further issues with me. I will be on holidays for approx 10 days with no internet acces.
GoLions
Master Coach

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 04:01:36 PM »

That is frustrating. I will have next to no access then. Luckily Grope Lane only has 3 picks in the national draft so we won't hold the draft up too much but there is every chance we will be using the 24 hours each time.

If the rookie draft starts too close to Christmas then that will cause further issues with me. I will be on holidays for approx 10 days with no internet acces.
I'm just checking with Ringo, may be able to start on the 5th or 6th (and I'd pick when I get back). We were going to start after the AFL PSD and Rookie drafts regardless, so would only be delayed by ~6 days if that is the case.

When exactly will you be away?
Rids
Coach
Bootstudder

Fantasy Coach

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 04:04:28 PM »

I'm just checking with Ringo, may be able to start on the 5th or 6th (and I'd pick when I get back). We were going to start after the AFL PSD and Rookie drafts regardless, so would only be delayed by ~6 days if that is the case.

I can't confirm the exact days as it will be Christmas shut down for my new client. There will be next to no internet access in the new role through the day. Nostra is also working multiple jobs currently with no home internet hence why I have been carrying the workload. It is what it is I spose.
GoLions
Master Coach

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 04:05:37 PM »

I can't confirm the exact days as it will be Christmas shut down for my new client. There will be next to no internet access in the new role through the day. Nostra is also working multiple jobs currently with no home internet hence why I have been carrying the workload. It is what it is I spose.
Ah ok. Well, it looks like we may be doing the 5th now, if that helps at all :P
Rids
Coach
Bootstudder

Fantasy Coach

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 04:09:23 PM »

It can't be helped.

Anything to move the deadline further away from Christmas will be a great idea imo. The last thing I want to be doing is trying to find internet cafes to log on to fanfooty  :)
GoLions
Master Coach

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2017, 02:26:54 PM »

Ringo and I have decided to change the final date for delistings to Friday December 1st. Some leniency may be given, as it is slightly earlier than originally stated.

The NAT draft will now begin on Tuesday December 5th, once everything is hopefully all sorted out by Ringo (delistings, list spots, etc).

Will send everyone a PM as well.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines