FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL
| | |-+  Essendon (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | | |-+  Top Up Players
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Top Up Players  (Read 4986 times)
Mat0369
Master Coach

#shirleytempledidthis

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »

It will be Saad to keep the trend going.
nrich102
Veteran Coach

God Calls Me God.

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 01:53:12 PM »

It will be Saad to keep the trend going.

;D ;D ;D
kilbluff1985
Master Coach

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2016, 02:21:13 PM »

Goddard was on SEN this morning seemed confident Stokes would be joining
Capper
Master Coach

CAPPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2016, 05:48:41 PM »

Crowley, Kelly, Simpkin and now Dea.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-28/former-tiger-dea-to-don-the-red-and-black-as-bombers-confirm-another-topup-signing

The club has until March 15 to finalise all new signings, with Geelong premiership player Mathew Stokes expected to be the next player contracted.
Ringo
Master Coach

2014 RDT Elxam m0nty medalist

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2016, 02:36:29 PM »

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-29/james-polkinghorne-and-mathew-stokes-the-latest-to-top-up-at-essendon

And Stokes and Polkimghorne join bombers, So we have 6 of the 10 already.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:58:45 PM by Ringo » Logged
Cookie Monster
Bench Steward

I. Am. The Phenom

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2016, 12:56:54 PM »

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-29/james-polkinghorne-and-mathew-stokes-the-latest-to-top-up-at-essendon

That's 6 now done.

The next 4 I think we need some younger players, I'm happy with the experience we've picked up but get some players who will have a point to prove to have another crack at AFL level.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:58:17 PM by Ringo » Logged
Ziplock
Veteran Coach

Coach of the Valkyries

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2016, 06:44:54 PM »

That's 6 now done.

The next 4 I think we need some younger players, I'm happy with the experience we've picked up but get some players who will have a point to prove to have another crack at AFL level.

they might get 1 or two younger players, but to me it looks like they're just trying to stay as competitive as possible.

Get goodes in :P
Drak
Witches Hat Wrangler

Fantasy coach

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2016, 12:55:53 AM »

I reckon they will get Watson who was delisted from Carlton.

I have big raps for him. Think Malthouse was at fault for his development.

Loads of upside and still a kid.
quinny88
Veteran Coach

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2016, 01:34:08 AM »

I find a lot of the recruiting strange.

Keep hearing people say they need older guys to help the kids but I think they are going a bit overboard.
I would have only recruited guys that could potentially have a future at the club Beyond this year.
Yes they would  will finish bottom and get a harsh lesson most weeks but at least they all get lots of games into them. They will develop ahead of their age and be joined by high draft picks at the end of the year for finishing last.
Think it would be far more beneficial to the team for 2016 and beyond which should be the focus, not just trying to be competitive this year
Ricochet
Coaching Legend

2014 AF Elxam Champ; Dublin are pie

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2016, 01:37:58 AM »

The only problem with that man is that by being smashed every week you will do more damage to your kids than good. The older and bigger bodies will help protect their kids and allow them to develop a little more naturally
Ringo
Master Coach

2014 RDT Elxam m0nty medalist

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2016, 10:27:11 AM »

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-02/jamar-set-to-join-the-bombers-as-topup-player

Mark Jamar confirmed as 7th Top up player.  Do not think this effects Berger as the article says back up for him.
Barra13
Assistant Coach

El Paso Pioneers

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2016, 11:58:45 AM »

Would like to see him play Round 2 against the Dees. Be a good battle of Jamar and Gawn. They would know each other inside and out.
Pkbaldy
Journeyman Coach

Crazy Diamond Time

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2016, 12:01:40 PM »

Would like to see him play Round 2 against the Dees. Be a good battle of Jamar and Gawn. They would know each other inside and out.
quinny88
Veteran Coach

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2016, 02:45:41 PM »

The only problem with that man is that by being smashed every week you will do more damage to your kids than good. The older and bigger bodies will help protect their kids and allow them to develop a little more naturally

There's a lot of guys in their early to mid 20s in the state leagues that would thrive from the opportunity that could also provide that protection. Recruiting a bunch of guys on the wrong side of 30 has no benefit beyond this year
Pkbaldy
Journeyman Coach

Crazy Diamond Time

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2016, 02:50:16 PM »

There's a lot of guys in their early to mid 20s in the state leagues that would thrive from the opportunity that could also provide that protection. Recruiting a bunch of guys on the wrong side of 30 has no benefit beyond this year

That's the point of the top-ups? It doesn't go beyond this year and it's to keep Essendon somewhat competitive against some of the lower teams... Having 22 players under the age of 23 would be useless.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines