FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL
| | |-+  West Coast (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | | |-+  West Coast 2016 Season Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: West Coast 2016 Season Thread  (Read 4184 times)
LF
Master Coach

2016 m0nty Medallist DT - 29th Overall DT 2016

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2016, 05:22:41 PM »

Jetta dropped again this week,kinda surprised thought he was alright last weekend
elephants
2016 AXVIII SC Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2016, 05:36:47 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jetta come into the final team on Sunday.
LF
Master Coach

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2016, 05:41:04 PM »

Who would come out for him you think?
elephants
2016 AXVIII SC Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 06:30:05 PM »

Who would come out for him you think?

Yeoy didn't train last night and apparently is in some doubt. We'll give him every chance.
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 10:53:49 PM »

Before the game I tipped Adelaide because I felt we just weren't going that well, but half way into the third I thought we were before it all fell apart

Now with NicNat gone for the next 2 months I reckon we might be able to finish 7th or 8th at best

The reality is that there are several better clubs than us now, which is a little disheartening considering we were runner ups last year

Just can't see how we can improve enough to be a genuine contender this year  :-\

GoLions
Master Coach

Better call Kenny Loggins

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2016, 11:00:43 PM »

If all finals games are held at Domain Stadium, you could be a chance.
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2016, 11:04:01 PM »

See that logic that we can't travel is just BS

Top 8 teams have only been beaten at home by away teams like 2 or 3 times this year

We lost to Hawthorn at the G, Sydney in Sydney, Geelong in Geelong and Dogs on Etihad. Show me any other interstate teams who have won those
GoLions
Master Coach

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2016, 11:05:59 PM »

See that logic that we can't travel is just BS

Top 8 teams have only been beaten at home by away teams like 2 or 3 times this year

We lost to Hawthorn at the G, Sydney in Sydney, Geelong in Geelong and Dogs on Etihad. Show me any other interstate teams who have won those
Only if you show me another user who takes what I say seriously.
GoLions
Master Coach

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2016, 11:09:03 PM »

2 questions:

What was up with Shuey in that second half? Did a Crows player go to him, spent some time off the ground, or anything like that? Didn't get anywhere near it I found.

Emac and Butler back soon? Got them both in British and want them to increase their trade value :P
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2016, 06:10:25 PM »

Where do you think we can end up on the ladder?

Our next 4 are must wins - Carlton (MCG) Melbourne (H) Collingwood (MCG) Freo (H)

Collingwood will be the tough one there, and Melbourne will challenge but I expect to win

Our last 3 are super tough, and even if we can win one of them it could help us get the double chance

GWS (Spotless) Hawthorn (H) Adelaide (AO)

Tough end, but good tune up leading into finals footy
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

2015 AF Rank - 811 2016 AF Rank - 854

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2016, 04:25:13 PM »

Our next 4 are must wins - Carlton (MCG) Melbourne (H) Collingwood (MCG) Freo (H)

Collingwood will be the tough one there, and Melbourne will challenge but I expect to win

Our last 3 are super tough, and even if we can win one of them it could help us get the double chance

Pre GWS losing to Pies, I would've said no chance for top 4, but now it's a possibility. Still don't think we'll do much damage in the finals, we would have to really pick are game up from here.
LF
Master Coach

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2016, 05:07:01 PM »

The Eagles have some real depth to work with after both the senior side and their WAFL team East Perth had dominant performances. The Eagles appeared to survive the win over the Kangaroos without an injury. It will be tough to make changes but a couple have put their hand up. Jack Redden backed up 28 touches and three goals last week with 34 disposals on Saturday to bang on Adam Simpson's door. Dom Sheed got through his second match in a row and collected 18 disposals in shocking conditions.  Eric Mackenzie kept his opponent possession-less until three-quarter time. Tom Cole collected 22 touches and a goal for East Perth and remains an outside chance. Jonathan Giles remains on standby but Simpson was very pleased with Scott Lycett and Mitch Brown in the ruck last week. Jackson Nelson and Liam Duggan are also in the mix.

So Sheed you'd reckon might be back this week,maybe next week who goes out for him to come back?
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 07:12:37 PM »

So Sheed you'd reckon might be back this week,maybe next week who goes out for him to come back?

Jetta!
LF
Master Coach

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2016, 07:14:17 PM »

Jetta!

Hope so haha
j959
Seasoned Coach

SC: 17308 DT: 3327 AF: 18655 - rd9 I want Zerrett!

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2016, 04:50:20 PM »

Pre GWS losing to Pies, I would've said no chance for top 4, but now it's a possibility. Still don't think we'll do much damage in the finals, we would have to really pick are game up from here.
finally a realistic West Coast fan jv!   :o   ;)

as a Sydney-supporting sandgroper I just cannot understand my mates (quite a few who now live in Melbs) who think West Coast are likely to do some damage in September when you're limping there (though not as bad at Nth Melb) right now ...

I agree, top4 chances are still there but what will West Coast do if they get to a prelim final over east?
That is, I don't like your chances to make the GF again this season ...

the team is clearly not performing as well as last season, so I don't understand their optimism in thinking WCE are a decent chance to make the GF??  ???    :P    ;)

Not trying to West Coast bash either mind you - I honestly have almost written off Sydney from making the GF too given the lack of composure in the last 5-8mins of close games against Richmond, Bulldogs and Hawthorn - if you can't win those sorts of games in-season, you're not likely to stand up in the cauldron of finals pressure ...  :'(    ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines