FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL
| | |-+  Brisbane (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | | |-+  Tom Rockliff
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tom Rockliff  (Read 4629 times)
meow meow
Hardened Coach

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2016, 04:50:41 PM »

if he requested a trade would Brisbane take pick 1?

Brisbane would take that every day of the week!
Ringo
Master Coach

2014 RDT Elxam m0nty medalist

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2016, 04:55:46 PM »

Have not heard officially but Swanny and the CEO did not sound overly convincing when asked about Rockliffs position. It is obvious he does not want to leave as he is building a house. If there was an alternate choice I would say relieve him of captaincy but there is no obvious one apart from Zorko.

I feel Swann hesitated because he just flat out didn't know. If a new coach comes in he may want a new leader. I'm a fan of split captaincy and with such a young team I think it is needed. Zorko maybe... can be immature and sucked in on the field. conceded a few 50m penalties on Sunday. Mitch Robinson is also a possibility. Harris one for the future.
Forgot about Robbo dah.  Harris definitely in the future. And dual captains may be the way to go given our youth. Rich and Hanley though do not inspire as leaders. So maybe Rocky and Robbo/Zorko.
strikes91
Coach

Wizard

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2016, 05:15:29 PM »

Have not heard officially but Swanny and the CEO did not sound overly convincing when asked about Rockliffs position. It is obvious he does not want to leave as he is building a house. If there was an alternate choice I would say relieve him of captaincy but there is no obvious one apart from Zorko.

I feel Swann hesitated because he just flat out didn't know. If a new coach comes in he may want a new leader. I'm a fan of split captaincy and with such a young team I think it is needed. Zorko maybe... can be immature and sucked in on the field. conceded a few 50m penalties on Sunday. Mitch Robinson is also a possibility. Harris one for the future.
Forgot about Robbo dah.  Harris definitely in the future. And dual captains may be the way to go given our youth. Rich and Hanley though do not inspire as leaders. So maybe Rocky and Robbo/Zorko.

Hanley I wouldn't want near a leadership group. Rich doesn't seem vocal neither Dayne Beams. I think the sad thing is we only have a few to pick which is why I think Rockliff will retain it
nrich102
Veteran Coach

God Calls Me God.

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 05:27:03 PM »

If it's true that we don't want Rocky (which confuses me), I think the AFL should move in and shut the club down. I think it's got to that stage.
strikes91
Coach

Wizard

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2016, 08:09:10 PM »

That bust up with a player that was rumoured a while back was Ryan Harwood.
Ringo
Master Coach

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2016, 08:17:57 PM »

Rocky seems to have matured as a captain this year. Last year he struggled and had a few issues which he worked on. Had a run in with Zorko in one game I was at.
_wato
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2016, 08:55:52 PM »

Rocky gone Brissy will go into meltdown
strikes91
Coach

Wizard

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2016, 08:59:36 PM »

Rocky seems to have matured as a captain this year. Last year he struggled and had a few issues which he worked on. Had a run in with Zorko in one game I was at.

Zorko and Rockliff both committed and competive players, they made up almost straight away. Hanley and Cutler had a bust up on field 2 weeks ago, things happen when they're not going well
Ringo
Master Coach

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2016, 09:16:02 PM »

Thanks Strikes and agree, Did not think the Hanley Cutler was that bad either but yep tensions boil over when team not going well.
strikes91
Coach

Wizard

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2016, 07:52:06 AM »

Thanks Strikes and agree, Did not think the Hanley Cutler was that bad either but yep tensions boil over when team not going well.

Just small things. Chance to start fresh next year. For Rockliff I feel as he will be spending a lot more time in the forward line. Damaging player 1 on 1
Ringo
Master Coach

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2016, 08:21:02 AM »

Hearing reports that Board was underwhelmed with Rocky's presentation last week as well.  So will be a turbulent few weeks played out in the media until Director of Coaching and coach appointed.  Then they will have a say on Captain.

To give an idea of what is being played out Media are already honing in on the fact that Rocky and Hanley were seen drinking together Monday afternoon after the Leppa sacking announcement. I say so what season is over for us.
shaker
Seasoned Coach

2017 SC rank 2970

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2016, 08:29:59 AM »

Hearing reports that Board was underwhelmed with Rocky's presentation last week as well.  So will be a turbulent few weeks played out in the media until Director of Coaching and coach appointed.  Then they will have a say on Captain.

To give an idea of what is being played out Media are already honing in on the fact that Rocky and Hanley were seen drinking together Monday afternoon after the Leppa sacking announcement. I say so what season is over for us.

Haha they were the only 2 footballers drinking on Monday  ::)
Ringo
Master Coach

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2016, 08:32:18 AM »

Haha they were the only 2 footballers drinking on Monday  ::)
Today is the "Official" end of year celebrations due to Mondays announcements.
strikes91
Coach

Wizard

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2016, 03:26:43 PM »

Love how they leave out 5-10 names from drinking on Monday. I know for a fact that Daniel Rich was there and a host of others and player friends.
strikes91
Coach

Wizard

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2016, 03:27:59 PM »

Andrew Hamilton is gunning for him to be sacked. Such a sad world when journalist pests think they're involved in the club.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines