FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  Other sports (Moderators: valkorum, Holz, LF, LaHug, Ringo, PowerBug)
| | |-+  Rookie to NBA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie to NBA  (Read 1164 times)
Money
Experienced Coach

Mr West Coast

« on: August 22, 2016, 01:33:36 AM »

Gday gents,

I've never been a big basketball fan growing up but getting older and branching out I've found myself watching it a bit more and especially with the Olymlics being on I've started enjoying it more than I thought I would. With the upcoming NBA season getting closer are there any stats/facts/players that I should definitely know about heading into my first season. May this be an "NBA for Dummies" thread  ;)

Cheers guys
Mat0369
Master Coach

#shirleytempledidthis

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 01:42:20 AM »

Golden State Warriors have already won the championship. Come back next season.
RiOtChEsS
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 09:25:26 AM »

The NBA game is less frustrating in the foul department, it's not continuously manic in speed, do you have a team you are following?
Money
Experienced Coach

Mr West Coast

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 01:12:23 PM »

The NBA game is less frustrating in the foul department, it's not continuously manic in speed, do you have a team you are following?

I didn't want to be a band wagon guy so I've decided to jump on the Dallas Mavericks
R.Griffen
2016 AXVIII DT Premier
Assistant Coach

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 01:32:25 PM »

I didn't want to be a band wagon guy so I've decided to jump on the Dallas Mavericks
The NBA game is more about the players imo, Not much defence is played in the NBA. The game is quick for the good teams but is played with structure rather than just going end to end. The regular season means close to nothing as more than 50% of the teams get into the playoffs plus the regular season is very long
valkorum
Veteran Coach

FYFEY!!

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 02:27:03 PM »

The NBA game is more about the players imo, Not much defence is played in the NBA. The game is quick for the good teams but is played with structure rather than just going end to end. The regular season means close to nothing as more than 50% of the teams get into the playoffs plus the regular season is very long

Actually - EXACTLY 50% of the teams get in to the playoffs.  32 teams in total, 16 teams make playoffs.
Holz
Master Coach

Dublin "Pride In Excellence"

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 03:29:31 PM »

I Heard they were unbeatable in the regular season last season.

Im still backing the lebron,  uncle drew team
Mat0369
Master Coach

#shirleytempledidthis

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 03:31:20 PM »

Pfft, they have to make it through the beast team of Simmons, Saric and Embiid!
valkorum
Veteran Coach

FYFEY!!

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 03:38:04 PM »

Pfft, they have to make it through the beast team of Simmons, Saric and Embiid!

Dont you mean the T-Wolves beast team of Towns, Wiggins, LaVine, Dunn, Rubio
Jay
Veteran Coach

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 04:01:09 PM »

Cleveland will have to get to the finals first... There's a green monster standing in their way.
elephants
2016 AXVIII SC Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 04:12:46 PM »

If I was picking a team now surely Minnesota get a look in!

As it is, Brooklyn pls!
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

2015 AF Rank - 811 2016 AF Rank - 854

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 07:47:53 PM »

Devon Booker will explode.  Westbrook will average a trip dub for the season.  Drummond will be even beastlier than before with Whiteside on his tail.  Griffen will be traded.
R.Griffen
2016 AXVIII DT Premier
Assistant Coach

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 08:03:37 PM »

Actually - EXACTLY 50% of the teams get in to the playoffs.  32 teams in total, 16 teams make playoffs.
So confused
Mat0369
Master Coach

#shirleytempledidthis

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 08:26:31 PM »

So confused

Someone must be thinking NFL which has 32 teams. NBA is only 30
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

2015 AF Rank - 811 2016 AF Rank - 854

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 08:27:31 PM »

So confused

Understandable when there's actually only 30 teams...way to confuse the rookie!  :o
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines