FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL
| | |-+  Brisbane (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | | |-+  Leppa sacked
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leppa sacked  (Read 1359 times)
meow meow
Hardened Coach

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 06:50:31 PM »

Stupid move.

Half of the good players were injured and the other half are green but getting valuable experience.

Even Clarko couldn't have done much under the same circumstances.
Grazz
Chat/forum mods
Master Coach

Who Has The Nuts Wins!!

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 10:41:30 PM »

Dew is the man Lions should be aiming for I reckon. Has done a solid apprenticeship in a great club, he's ready but will he want the job up there.
Ringo
Master Coach

2014 RDT Elxam m0nty medalist

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 06:55:38 AM »

Just seen a replay of the footy  show and really impressed by Leppa to the end. Very good interview and really no sour grapes.

Think I heard somewhere Grazz Dew has turned it down. Not sure.
nas
Gerard Healy
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2016, 07:55:09 AM »

Just seen a replay of the footy  show and really impressed by Leppa to the end. Very good interview and really no sour grapes.

Very last paragraph.  http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-02/brett-montgomery-a-candidate-for-the-brisbane-lions-coaching-job
Grazz
Chat/forum mods
Master Coach

Who Has The Nuts Wins!!

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 09:57:27 AM »

Very last paragraph.  http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-02/brett-montgomery-a-candidate-for-the-brisbane-lions-coaching-job

Cheers nas, Ringo wasn't aware of that.
Rusty00
Seasoned Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 10:31:07 AM »

Dew has turned down a number of roles over the past few years. My guess is he will eventually take over from Longmire at the Swans whenever that is.
Grazz
Chat/forum mods
Master Coach

Who Has The Nuts Wins!!

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 10:51:29 AM »

Dew has turned down a number of roles over the past few years. My guess is he will eventually take over from Longmire at the Swans whenever that is.

He may be waiting awhile yet but I reckon you're right.
crowls
Seasoned Coach

2016-1484, 2015 - 564

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 12:29:54 PM »

Was watching the sunday morning footy shows and just saw part of the leppa discussion on nine.  Lots of questions over player leadership.   Correctly Brisbane lack quality and depth in leaders.   

No way in hell can Rockliff remain as captain, but then who else do they have.   Zorko, Hanley, Robbo, Rich.     Bloody thin in quality.   

Are they worse off than Melbourne was before Roos went to them?
Ringo
Master Coach

2014 RDT Elxam m0nty medalist

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2016, 01:13:55 PM »

Was watching the sunday morning footy shows and just saw part of the leppa discussion on nine.  Lots of questions over player leadership.   Correctly Brisbane lack quality and depth in leaders.   

No way in hell can Rockliff remain as captain, but then who else do they have.   Zorko, Hanley, Robbo, Rich.     Bloody thin in quality.   

Are they worse off than Melbourne was before Roos went to them?
In a word yes - Hanley and Rich do not inspire as Captain material - Zorko needs to tamper his attitude at times (to many frees given away), and sad indictment for club if Robbo is captain.  My opinion is we should revert back to a shared captaincy. Andrews is a definite leader of the future though.
Football Factory
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2016, 01:22:06 PM »

What about Dayne Beams? bloody good player, don't know if he has good leadership skills though, hasn't played heaps since he joined the Lions.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines