FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL
| | |-+  Hawthorn (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | | |-+  2016/17 List Management
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016/17 List Management  (Read 2922 times)
JBs-Hawks
2016 AXV Premier
Seasoned Coach

Forever 63 Not Out

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 06:48:35 PM »

Sexy  8) 8)
Rusty00
Seasoned Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 08:02:35 PM »

Happy that it appears the talk about Breust being traded was just that......talk :)
Mr.Craig
Master Coach

Grew Up On Or Around A Spud Farm

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 05:25:04 PM »

What a weird freaking day.
SydneyRox
Veteran Coach

GOT Pillow Talk

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 10:40:24 AM »

How do you guys feel about whats happening?

S.Mitchell - Gone
T.Mitchell - In, but he was the Swans 5th best mid, so shouldnt be looked to as a saviour
T.Vickery - Struggled to get a game with Richmond?
J.Omera - Has talent but hasnt played in two years and is possibly made of paper mache
Rusty00
Seasoned Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 10:55:23 AM »

How do you guys feel about whats happening?

S.Mitchell - Gone
T.Mitchell - In, but he was the Swans 5th best mid, so shouldnt be looked to as a saviour
T.Vickery - Struggled to get a game with Richmond?
J.Omera - Has talent but hasnt played in two years and is possibly made of paper mache
Still haven't got my head around Mitch leaving. Seems like it benefits both him and the club and it would be better than the Boomer Harvey situation but it will be mighty tough watching him play for another team, particularly another top team :-\

Tom Mitchell is obviously a good acquisition and Vickery doesn't have to be a star, he just needs to play a role like David Hale did.

O'Meara I'm still undecided on but a lot will depend on what we give up for him. If it's just draft picks I'd feel more comfortable as opposed to giving up someone like Breust/Smith.

Whichever way it all pans out, Graeme Wright has given us no reason in the past not to back him in :)
elephants
2016 AXVIII SC Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 11:38:57 AM »

JPK, Hanners, Parker, Mitch?

Can't tell me KJack or Lloyd are better than Mitch? :P
Holz
2016 EXV Premier
Master Coach

Dublin "Pride In Excellence"

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 11:55:40 AM »

depends if your talking current or future and if heeney and mills count as mids.

Heeney and Mills are better then Mitchell
elephants
2016 AXVIII SC Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 12:06:59 PM »

depends if your talking current or future and if heeney and mills count as mids.

Heeney and Mills are better then Mitchell

Well you're right it does depend whether you mean now or in future.

Because right now Heeney and Mills didnt play enougj oure midfield imo to be comparable to Mitchell.

In future I agree they'll be better.

But in future JPK will be ancient and KJack will probably be gone!
SydneyRox
Veteran Coach

GOT Pillow Talk

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 12:20:50 PM »

Could mount a very good argument that based on this season Kjack was as good as Mitchell, but you might be right on 4th best

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=17&playerStatus2=A&tid2=17&type=A&pid1=3659&pid2=1711&fid1=S&fid2=S

What this doesn't measure though is heart and inspiration. Jack can and will do things to lift and inspire, very rarely do you see Mitchell do the same, he is an accumulator of possession and not as smart about it as S.Mitchell

I am unhappy to lose him, but given the choice between him and any of the other people mentioned so far, I pick Mitchell to leave first.

elephants
2016 AXVIII SC Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2016, 12:31:56 PM »

Could mount a very good argument that based on this season Kjack was as good as Mitchell, but you might be right on 4th best

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=17&playerStatus2=A&tid2=17&type=A&pid1=3659&pid2=1711&fid1=S&fid2=S

What this doesn't measure though is heart and inspiration. Jack can and will do things to lift and inspire, very rarely do you see Mitchell do the same, he is an accumulator of possession and not as smart about it as S.Mitchell

I am unhappy to lose him, but given the choice between him and any of the other people mentioned so far, I pick Mitchell to leave first.

Yeah I agree on that score, if only Jack kicked that goal in the GF after taking that mark!
Scrads
Expert Coach

Final 2015 rankings..... AF:1439 DT:379 SC:6014

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 03:15:17 PM »

Yeah I agree on that score, if only Jack kicked that goal in the GF after taking that mark!

Except maybe the Grand Final where he was your 2nd best player? Haha
kilbluff1985
Master Coach

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 03:39:52 PM »

i'm interested to see how Titch goes as an attacking players instead of having roles i feel like this is a reason he was happy to leave

SydneyRox
Veteran Coach

GOT Pillow Talk

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 05:43:30 PM »

i'm interested to see how Titch goes as an attacking players instead of having roles i feel like this is a reason he was happy to leave

Attacking as in having no defensive role? Cos he is too slow to be a running attacking kind of player and he rarely plays forward of the ball.

That is why he got roles with us, he could only play in the middle. He is the same player as S.Mitchell, but S.Mitchell has faster hands, reads the play better and can shake a tag.
kilbluff1985
Master Coach

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 09:37:06 PM »

Attacking as in having no defensive role? Cos he is too slow to be a running attacking kind of player and he rarely plays forward of the ball.

That is why he got roles with us, he could only play in the middle. He is the same player as S.Mitchell, but S.Mitchell has faster hands, reads the play better and can shake a tag.

well attacking like a Priddis and getting clearances
Mr.Craig
Master Coach

Grew Up On Or Around A Spud Farm

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 09:50:28 PM »

Listen, I know we dropped the ball in getting Titch. Our recruiting in the last decade has been horrible and we've paid a terrible toll with year after year of poor performances. Frankly I have no faith in Wright and Clarkson, their history of failure is all too clear and we can't move forward as a club until these rotten apples are weeded out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines