FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | |-+  AFL Fixture 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AFL Fixture 2017  (Read 3659 times)
Koop
Coach
Training Scout

Everything

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 04:20:13 PM »

Port vs Suns in Round 8 is being played in Shanghai for premiership points

Am actually rather keen to explore flight prices for this one. What an experience it will be.
Club doing packages from $1,700
http://afl.teeleetravel.com.au/Articles.asp?ID=252

Awesome, might be cheaper to source flights elsewhere but will have a sus.
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

2015 AF Rank - 811 2016 AF Rank - 854

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 05:23:09 PM »

Port vs Suns in Round 8 is being played in Shanghai for premiership points

Am actually rather keen to explore flight prices for this one. What an experience it will be.
Club doing packages from $1,700
http://afl.teeleetravel.com.au/Articles.asp?ID=252

Awesome, might be cheaper to source flights elsewhere but will have a sus.

Definitely would be cheaper flying Air Asia or similar budget airlines.
shaker
Seasoned Coach

2017 SC rank 2970

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 05:44:13 PM »

You guys would really go overseas to see Port and GC play  ::) :P
quinny88
Veteran Coach

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 06:04:16 PM »

Not only should no one go but every AFL fan should boycott the game and not even watch it on TV.
If they make a success of the first one then before you know it there will be regular overseas games. Absolute joke
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2016, 07:09:11 PM »

Hawks vs WCE Round 5 Sunday Twilight over Anzac weekend

Hawks vs Melb Round 7

Both at the G - only time Hawks play WCE for 2017 reg season
PowerBug
Chat/forum mods
Seasoned Coach

2017 Ranks: SC - 281, AF - 287

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2016, 07:10:01 PM »

You guys would really go overseas to see Port and GC play  ::) :P
If you wanted to go to China it would be a reason to go I guess :P I have no interest in going to China so I'll happily keep my money :P
Mat0369
Master Coach

#shirleytempledidthis

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2016, 07:17:51 PM »

Not only should no one go but every AFL fan should boycott the game and not even watch it on TV.
If they make a success of the first one then before you know it there will be regular overseas games. Absolute joke

Apart from the fact if the AFL is to thrive they need to break into the international market. If you can somehow tap into China that is a potential 1 billion eyes on the sport which in turn means more revenue for the clubs and players.
Jukes
Veteran Coach

rosetta stone...

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2016, 07:26:46 PM »

Seeing as it's Port (lel) against GC (lel), I don't think too many would watch it anyway
quinny88
Veteran Coach

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2016, 09:32:44 PM »

Apart from the fact if the AFL is to thrive they need to break into the international market. If you can somehow tap into China that is a potential 1 billion eyes on the sport which in turn means more revenue for the clubs and players.

The AFL is thriving. It's been around for over 100 years, is the clear dominant sport in the country with world class stadiums and facilities and is the 3rd most attended league in the world behind only the NFL and bundesliga.
It's not like going international is a matter of survival, it's just a matter of the corporate BS artists at the top trying to stuff their pockets more
PowerBug
Chat/forum mods
Seasoned Coach

2017 Ranks: SC - 281, AF - 287

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2016, 09:43:47 PM »

You said the same thing when we played in New Zealand right? And when we played pre-season/practice matches in the UAE and China?
quinny88
Veteran Coach

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2016, 10:40:59 PM »

You said the same thing when we played in New Zealand right? And when we played pre-season/practice matches in the UAE and China?

Couldn't care less where they play exhibition games but for premiership points is a different story.
NZ has already been proven to be a waste of time/money as I suspected it would but I had more hope for that than I do for China as NZ is Similair in a lot of ways to Aus culturally.
Just don't see what the need is to expand overseas when we have such a successful sport and competition as it is. The crowds, money, TV deals and ratings are all growing well enough to fill everyone's pockets and pay our players well while having a great spectacle. Just doesn't need to be messed with in that way. Just my opinion though
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2016, 08:54:11 AM »

Full fixture to be released in 30 mins at 9:30am AEST

8 Thurs night games next year
Purple 77
Seasoned Coach

Oh, my.

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 09:39:25 AM »

THE DEES ARE COMING TO HOBART AGAIN!

WHOOOO!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Purple 77
Seasoned Coach

Oh, my.

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2016, 09:56:44 AM »

Hobart get the better draw as always compared to Launny  8)

Hawthorn v North at Launceston is an interesting one, at the newly renamed... ugh... "University of Tasmania Stadium".

God dammit Uni. Why you do this?
Bill Manspeaker
Veteran Coach

IT CAN'T BE!!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2016, 11:55:56 AM »

who do we have to flower to get a game against Port at Etihad

pretty happy with the draw though
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines