FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  AFL fantasy competitions
| |-+  General Supercoach
| | |-+  Supercoach Team Advice (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo, PowerBug)
| | | |-+  EazyMoney's 2017
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EazyMoney's 2017  (Read 3964 times)
EazyMoney
Ruck Coach

JaVale McGoat

« on: January 30, 2017, 10:55:29 AM »

Here's my team, gone with a 3-5-1-3 premium structure, 43.5k itb

Defense: Shaw / Adams / Laird / Shcarenberg / Hampton / Hibberd  / Newman / Ryan

Midfield: Dangerfield / Pendlebury / Kennedy / Bont / Fyfe / Beams / Swallow / Myers /  Thomas / Graham / SPP

Ruck: Gawn / Sandilands /  Strnadica (loop hole)

Forwards: Dahlhaus / Macrae / Heeney(or Ryder) Mcclucage / Pickett / Rioli / Black / Eddy

Key: Non-debutantes are in bold
        Debutantes are in italics
        Bench rookies are left plain

Key questions: Do I downgrade Gawn to Sandilands to free up some $$ so I can interchange rookies?
                       Should I leave Rocky out of my side?
                       Have I left any 'must have' out of my side?
                       Heeney v Ryder? Heeney has higher potential but Ryder is good back up for Gawn and Sandilands
lowedown11
Witches Hat Wrangler

Fantasy coach

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 11:31:37 AM »

I had a very similar team to this and was slaughtered! Too heavy through the mids, near another fed/back, must have Gawn etc etc....

I genuinely like the setup
uncleswagy
Witches Hat Wrangler

Come have a chat with your old uncle swaggy

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 12:55:55 PM »

i like it for the most part. personally think heeny is the better option than ryder but to me if you go with sandi you need ryder as back up
fasttrack13
Coach

NIIIIIIICEEEEE GARYYY, AAAAAT THE 'G

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 01:35:39 PM »

i like it for the most part. personally think heeny is the better option than ryder but to me if you go with sandi you need ryder as back up

Caleb Daniel or Touk Touk over Heeney... I dont think heeney has a big enough tank to be spending enough time in midfield to be considered a "Keeper Status" selection.
gloryboy
Witches Hat Wrangler

SC 2016 - 1393rd

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 01:54:40 PM »

Really like the structure and selections.  Love the guns and rookies approach, with a few value mid-pricers (Beams, Swallow, Sandi).  I'd personally go Ryder over Heeney.  Think the output will be similar, but Ryder gives you RU cover if required
uncleswagy
Witches Hat Wrangler

Come have a chat with your old uncle swaggy

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 02:55:01 PM »

Caleb Daniel or Touk Touk over Heeney... I dont think heeney has a big enough tank to be spending enough time in midfield to be considered a "Keeper Status" selection.
not sold on touk myself, can see pretty much all the gold coast mids getting stuffed around with role changes with all the new talent theyve picked up as the young team finds whats best, daniel an interesting one who i havnt looked into with much depth yet
EazyMoney
Ruck Coach

JaVale McGoat

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 03:22:20 PM »

Really like the structure and selections.  Love the guns and rookies approach, with a few value mid-pricers (Beams, Swallow, Sandi).  I'd personally go Ryder over Heeney.  Think the output will be similar, but Ryder gives you RU cover if required

I genuinely like the setup

Thanks, I think I'll go Ryder, now that I've heard your thoughts.

EazyMoney
Ruck Coach

JaVale McGoat

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 03:25:50 PM »

not sold on touk myself, can see pretty much all the gold coast mids getting stuffed around with role changes with all the new talent theyve picked up as the young team finds whats best, daniel an interesting one who i havnt looked into with much depth yet

Not sold on Touk or Daniel myself either, I would rather get a rookie and have a premium mid/forward.
Money Shot
Seasoned Coach

In Cripps We Trust

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 11:58:43 PM »

Definitely go for Ryder, you need him if you're going with Sandi.
PureSwag
Property Steward

2016 SC Rank: 13,190|2017 SC Rank Goal: Top 10k

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 04:21:15 PM »

Got a couple of areas of improvement.

1. I think you have gone a tiny bit to hard in the mid maybe downgrade someone to a rook/mid-pricer and upgrage one of fwd or def to a top 3 player in that position.

2. If sandi is going to be in your final team then keep ryder for back-up as sandi as a chance of getting injured but if you don't have sandi go Henney.
EazyMoney
Ruck Coach

JaVale McGoat

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 06:01:51 PM »

Definitely go for Ryder, you need him if you're going with Sandi.

If sandi is going to be in your final team then keep ryder for back-up as sandi as a chance of getting injured but if you don't have sandi go Henney.

Thanks for your advice, I've gone for Ryder now.
EazyMoney
Ruck Coach

JaVale McGoat

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 07:24:31 PM »

Pre-JLT team

Defense: Shaw / Adams / Laird / Keefe / Scharenberg / Hampton / Newman / Ryan

Mids: Danger / Pendles / JPK / Rocky / Fyfe / Beams / Swallow / SPP / Myers / Hibberd / Freeman

Ruck: Gawn / Goldy / Strnadica

Forwards: Dahl / Macrae / McCluggage / Bowes / Black / Pickett / Darcy Cameron / Eddy

Rookies are just place holders

My main concern is Beams and my forward line is also a problem. 

Glenmaggie
Property Steward

Fantasy Coach

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 07:45:49 PM »

I much prefer this second team, less risky. The structure is really good. I think the fact that there are so many rookie forwards that look certainties to play, as well as the lack of set and forget forwards, makes the 2 premium forward line a good option. See who is playing well and target them for upgrades. Midfield is strong, let's hope Beams fires. Good luck
EazyMoney
Ruck Coach

JaVale McGoat

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 08:08:50 PM »

I much prefer this second team, less risky. The structure is really good. I think the fact that there are so many rookie forwards that look certainties to play, as well as the lack of set and forget forwards, makes the 2 premium forward line a good option. See who is playing well and target them for upgrades. Midfield is strong, let's hope Beams fires. Good luck

Thankyou :). Yeah, let's hope Beams is fit for round 1.
Money Shot
Seasoned Coach

In Cripps We Trust

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 12:30:17 AM »

One of the better sides I've seen. Well done :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines