FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  AFL fantasy competitions
| |-+  General Supercoach
| | |-+  Players & Trades in SC (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo, PowerBug)
| | | |-+  Elevated Rookies 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elevated Rookies 2017  (Read 13111 times)
Bully
Veteran Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2017, 01:55:56 PM »

And Petrie has been officially upgraded

http://m.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-03-21/petire-upgraded-with-debut-looming
Cant wait for goldy to put 200 points up on him round 1

Don't think that's possible. North will still lose. They also don't have the crumbers to make hay. No Wells, Dal Santo, Harvey & Cunnington at the drop will make things difficult. West Coast also have Sam Mitchell who has spent his whole career roving to inadequate rucks. I expect a 110-125 score from Goldy but his record in losses isn't that great.

Do you by chance have Goldy's ave score in loses for last year and the year before?

I understand your concerns but as a north supporter im sick of telling people that harvey hasnt played in the mid field in years and his absence will be irrelevant to goldies output and dal santo spent most of his time on the outside last year.
Edit: also Wells wasnt there during goldys best years due to injury so im sure the big man still has the capacity to score big regardless of who hes tapping to

I think his average was somewhere around 98-102 in losses last year

HOTA rely on a chain of possessions, for example Goldy taps to Cunnington who then passes to Dal Santo. If Goldy taps to Cunnington who is then tackled or turns it over then it is not registered as a hit out to advantage. Therefore outside players are very important.
Surely if the ruckmen taps the ball to his player and that players launches the ball into the forward line that is a HOTA ? I understand the player he is hitting the ball to can't totally spud it up but a chain of possies is needed to get a HOTA don't think that is correct

Long kicks to 50/50 contests are deemed effective.
Gigantor
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2017, 03:04:20 PM »

http://m.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-03-21/petire-upgraded-with-debut-looming

Don't think that's possible. North will still lose. They also don't have the crumbers to make hay. No Wells, Dal Santo, Harvey & Cunnington at the drop will make things difficult. West Coast also have Sam Mitchell who has spent his whole career roving to inadequate rucks. I expect a 110-125 score from Goldy but his record in losses isn't that great.

Do you by chance have Goldy's ave score in loses for last year and the year before?

I understand your concerns but as a north supporter im sick of telling people that harvey hasnt played in the mid field in years and his absence will be irrelevant to goldies output and dal santo spent most of his time on the outside last year.
Edit: also Wells wasnt there during goldys best years due to injury so im sure the big man still has the capacity to score big regardless of who hes tapping to

HOTA rely on a chain of possessions, for example Goldy taps to Cunnington who then passes to Dal Santo. If Goldy taps to Cunnington who is then tackled or turns it over then it is not registered as a hit out to advantage. Therefore outside players are very important.
Surely if the ruckmen taps the ball to his player and that players launches the ball into the forward line that is a HOTA ? I understand the player he is hitting the ball to can't totally spud it up but a chain of possies is needed to get a HOTA don't think that is correct

I think a long kick is counted as effective unless its marked by the opposition, its more the tap to Cunners, then turnover or tackled due to no linking options is what people are concerned about
MontyJnr
Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 06:06:02 PM »

I think a long kick is counted as effective unless its marked by the opposition, its more the tap to Cunners, then turnover or tackled due to no linking options is what people are concerned about

And people are trying to explain that the combination of North losing no inside mids, long kicks to 50/50 contests being effective, clearances to forward targets eliminating the need of the outside mid, Harvey playing off half forward the past 5+ years, Dal Santo being useless in 2016 and Higgins directly replacing Wells as a linking option means that these concerns are probably being overstated.
Bully
Veteran Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2017, 06:17:26 PM »

And people are trying to explain that the combination of North losing no inside mids, long kicks to 50/50 contests being effective, clearances to forward targets eliminating the need of the outside mid, Harvey playing off half forward the past 5+ years, Dal Santo being useless in 2016 and Higgins directly replacing Wells as a linking option means that these concerns are probably being overstated.

Not saying it will be a career killer, but will probably shave 4-5 points off his average. The fact Harvey played in the forward line is also a red herring, it's inferring Goldy doesn't ruck in the 50 metre arc. As for kicking out of congestion, that's one way to win a clearance but not the only way. North have lost some serious talent, you can hope that guys like Dumont will fill the void but I have my doubts.
LF
Master Coach

2016 m0nty Medallist DT - 29th Overall DT 2016

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2017, 06:19:27 PM »

Ok how about the discussion about Goldstein moves out of this thread to a more relevant thread,this is a thread for rookie elevations and discussion about them not about Goldy's scoring,HOTA etc
Thank you
Hoggyz_a_legend
Back Coach

SC 2014- 69th 2015- bad... 2016- 927th

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2017, 12:47:49 PM »

Back on track- Obviously teams get named tonight, but has anyone noticed that Barrett hasn't been upgraded yet? Do Lions have an LTI that he can get upgraded at any point?
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

Looking At My SC Team

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2017, 12:52:22 PM »

Back on track- Obviously teams get named tonight, but has anyone noticed that Barrett hasn't been upgraded yet? Do Lions have an LTI that he can get upgraded at any point?

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2017-03-22/round-1-whos-in-the-mix-
GoLions
Master Coach

Get around the Kate Upton Cobras!

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2017, 12:57:23 PM »

I believe we have 1 position available to upgrade him. With Matho injured, thought we would have upgraded Barrett by now, but...
petefisker
Bench Steward

Best SC Rank 10th overall

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2017, 02:11:24 PM »

Wasn't 2PM the deadline .. Where mah rookies aaaat  :o :-[
Bully
Veteran Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2017, 02:17:46 PM »

If Barrett is out then it might have to be Hibberd to the mids and Smith to defence.
RiOtChEsS
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2017, 02:28:38 PM »

time to make alternative plans then...
RiOtChEsS
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2017, 02:30:57 PM »

Deadline for R1 rookie upgrades:

Wednesday 2pm - Carlton / Richmond
Thursday 2pm - Remaining 16 AFL clubs

Fak, the first bump in the road
Cookie Monster
Bench Steward

I. Am. The Phenom

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2017, 02:31:58 PM »

Do any time differences count for Brisbane with no Daylight savings?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Gigantor
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2017, 02:34:07 PM »

SPS SPP, Pickett, Parfit, Taranto, Florent, Mountford
Butler, Eddy, Houston, Simpkin, Turner

Plenty of options!
RiOtChEsS
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2017, 02:38:41 PM »

SPS SPP, Pickett, Parfit, Taranto, Florent, Mountford
Butler, Eddy, Houston, Simpkin, Turner

Plenty of options!
running my budget pretty thin so Mountford is my only straight forward option without a reshuffle...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines