FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | |-+  AFL Evolution
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AFL Evolution  (Read 1247 times)
PowerBug
Chat/forum mods
Seasoned Coach

@PowerBug96 follow me on Twitter so I feel popular

« on: May 04, 2017, 08:08:50 PM »

Well the game is finally here, came out on sale today! Let's talk about it in this thread. What do you like/dislike? Talk through career modes and online play and whatever else you wanna discuss about the game :D

I'll have a little look around tonight, see what it's like.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:10:25 PM by PowerBug » Logged
Jukes
Veteran Coach

rosetta stone...

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 08:38:16 PM »

Waiting a few weeks on it, drop in price and find out whether it's good or complete shower like AFL Live 1 and 2
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 09:05:25 PM »

Waiting a few weeks on it, drop in price and find out whether it's good or complete shower like AFL Live 1 and 2
Pretty much this, but I also don't have the console for it. I'll probably play it with a mate who gets/has it and then work out if I really want it or not.
Hawka
Seasoned Coach

Wayne Rooney, only Tom Mitchell could beat him

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 12:34:47 AM »

Its is decent, its an afl game which is not unplayable which is good!
Marking system is crap / hard to master
Bit buggy when i was playing be a pro as a rookie
DazBurg
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 05:42:06 PM »

played a few normal games hten started a career as be a pro

one little thing i noticed was i decided to be a FF for Essendon
so it automatically put Joe Daniher in the reserves and i cannot swap him in even though mitch brown is CHF

so seems sioly so if you went say RR for cats then it could kick danger or selly out seems silly
Jukes
Veteran Coach

rosetta stone...

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »

so it automatically put Joe Daniher in the reserves and i cannot swap him in even though mitch brown is CHF

so seems sioly so if you went say RR for cats then it could kick danger or selly out seems silly

Seems to be one of the biggest complaints I've seen about the game. Should really have made sub-AFL levels - WAFL, VFL, SANFL, NEAFL (and their reserve sides) - and have you play for one of those until your skills/form warrant AFL selection, rather than jumping straight to starting in the AFL team. Don't even have to program the sub-AFL levels with real players and/or teams to avoid licensing and all that crap, just make up teams and competitions to play sub-AFL - e.g. if you are drafted by Freo you could play for the Mandurah Lightning or whatever. Like really how much time/effort/money would doing that have used as opposed to having the stupidest thing in the world and having you instantly start at your position no matter what.

MLB the Show does this really great - starts you off in Double-A competition (third level) after being drafted, then as your skills and form improve you get promoted to Triple-A (second level), then eventually to the MLB.
DazBurg
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 06:18:27 PM »

Seems to be one of the biggest complaints I've seen about the game. Should really have made sub-AFL levels - WAFL, VFL, SANFL, NEAFL (and their reserve sides) - and have you play for one of those until your skills/form warrant AFL selection, rather than jumping straight to starting in the AFL team. Don't even have to program the sub-AFL levels with real players and/or teams to avoid licensing and all that crap, just make up teams and competitions to play sub-AFL - e.g. if you are drafted by Freo you could play for the Mandurah Lightning or whatever. Like really how much time/effort/money would doing that have used as opposed to having the stupidest thing in the world and having you instantly start at your position no matter what.

MLB the Show does this really great - starts you off in Double-A competition (third level) after being drafted, then as your skills and form improve you get promoted to Triple-A (second level), then eventually to the MLB.

technically if you want you can start in TAC or VFL
1 other thing that is shower i just pressed back for year DOB
to go to youngest (so have a long career) didn't take much notice but looking at my player profile it says DOB year 2016
it says i'm 1 year old
PowerBug
Chat/forum mods
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 11:33:55 PM »

Seeing as Don Bradman Cricket starts at club level with made up teams surely they could've done a state league comp for this. As it's the same people making it (I think?)
JBs-Hawks
2016 AXV Premier
Seasoned Coach

Forever 63 Not Out

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 11:47:23 PM »

Seeing as NHL, NBA and Fifa havent got the greatest Be a Pro systems, you cant really expect the AFL too.
quinny88
Veteran Coach

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 01:31:42 AM »

For those that have played it, is it worth getting?
DazBurg
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2017, 08:12:59 AM »

Seeing as Don Bradman Cricket starts at club level with made up teams surely they could've done a state league comp for this. As it's the same people making it (I think?)
no Don Bradman is made by Big Ant Studios who made AFL live 1
Afl Evolution is made by Wicked Witch the company who made AFL live 2
PowerBug
Chat/forum mods
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 09:03:13 AM »

Hmmm okay, I thought there was some overlap in who was involved mb.
Mat0369
Master Coach

#shirleytempledidthis

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2017, 11:57:36 AM »

So theoretically that would make the game play more like AFL Live 2
DazBurg
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2017, 12:22:53 PM »

So theoretically that would make the game play more like AFL Live 2
yup more like it but different as they rebuilt the game engine
Mat0369
Master Coach

#shirleytempledidthis

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »

I hated AFL Live 2 so I'll probably pass
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines