FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | |-+  AFLX
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AFLX  (Read 3397 times)
meow meow
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2018, 04:16:32 PM »

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-16/aflx-not-an-exciting-new-format-of-a-beloved-sport-richard-hinds/9452570
Levi434
Witches Hat Wrangler

Who will show up at WXVAN18?

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2018, 04:34:50 PM »

I think the biggest problem with it is that there were 7 flowering games in 1 day/night. That is WAY too many! I could handle 2-3 but 7 is ridiculous.
fanTCfool
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2018, 04:51:34 PM »

Silver balls get the boot for rest of AFLX

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-16/silver-balls-get-the-boot-for-rest-of-aflx

A zooper decision by the AFL there! Was no logical reason for using them apart from being another stupid gimmick.

What an absolute laugh, AFL 'pumped up' silver footballs more than the entire AFLW competition.
Ziplock
Veteran Coach

Coach of the Valkyries

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2018, 05:11:59 PM »

Silver balls get the boot for rest of AFLX

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-16/silver-balls-get-the-boot-for-rest-of-aflx

A zooper decision by the AFL there! Was no logical reason for using them apart from being another stupid gimmick.

What an absolute laugh, AFL 'pumped up' silver footballs more than the entire AFLW competition.
elephants
Master Coach

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2018, 01:51:08 PM »

It'll be fine, give it 10 years and I guarantee it'll be a staple of the pre-season
shaker
Veteran Coach

2017 SC rank 2970

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2018, 02:18:27 PM »

Watched again last night but did not see the end matches turned to watch the Rugby then Wolverine which had much more action even though I'd seen it before , so far all I can say it is a fairly hollow format think I'd rather watch basketball and I'm not a fan of that there is just no substance to it there is no build up no high marking little contested possession just kick handball goal most of the time , flashing goal posts and bursts of steam for a Zooper goal really don't cut it , good for the young guys and training them but that's about it .......  back to the drawing board Gillon .
fanTCfool
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2018, 02:44:05 PM »

Watching live, for a supposedly 'more exciting' version of our game, it seemed less exciting than regular footy. Maybe that's just a crowd/atmosphere thing.

Perhaps what I missed more than anything else was players getting a little rowdy after a ripper goal. There was, at times, some high quality football last night, but the boys don't even get the chance to come together and celebrate a goal, zooper or otherwise. Kills the atmosphere a little bit for mine, even the crowd can't celebrate for long because the ball's already in the opposing 40.
quinny88
Veteran Coach

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2018, 07:26:06 PM »

Snore fest. Thought I'd be happy just to have some sort of footy back but nope. Would rather have nothing
GoLions
Master Coach

Get around the Kate Upton Cobras!

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2018, 08:23:17 PM »

3 wins today, hopefully can double that by the end of the year :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines