FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  AFL fantasy competitions
| |-+  XVs Competitions
| | |-+  World XVs (Moderators: Purple 77, Nige, ossie85)
| | | |-+  WXV Rules Discussion 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WXV Rules Discussion 2017  (Read 11187 times)
meow meow
Hardened Coach

« Reply #495 on: August 24, 2017, 07:57:57 PM »

Adding more coaches in would be the goal. The more the merrier. I get sick of talking to myself sometimes, even though it's the only intelligent conversation I get around here.
Levi434
Property Steward

Raaaaainmaker!

« Reply #496 on: August 25, 2017, 12:04:53 AM »

Honestly though.

How much is 1 Paddy dow worth?

I thought he should be priced at 113. But then on discord we decided that 1 mil cap was fair. But then we thought that 2 top ten picks was fair. Like you have to use pick 1 + 2 for Paddy dow.

But then we thought about the possibility of expanding to 36 teams. Imagine having 2 Paddy dow's? Would that mean you'd have to give the top 4 picks?

Honestly I'm kind of lost.

Dove is the only one I love, but dow is making me ask questions... you know the questions all teenagers ask about their orientation...
Adamant
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #497 on: August 25, 2017, 12:17:35 AM »

I thought we decided that picks 1 and 2 were a reasonable base. But then you'd have to add another two top 20 picks (let's say 8 + 18) for the 'premium' factor that is Paddy dow. Even then he'd still probably be undervalued.

If we expand to 36 teams then that's a whole new ball game. I'd be tempted to just assign the entire first round of the draft to secure the services of two Paddy dow's.
Levi434
Property Steward

Raaaaainmaker!

« Reply #498 on: August 25, 2017, 12:21:48 AM »

Thank you for your reply Adamant. That is what we decided but I was just a little flustered but I guess here is the big question:

Is that fair to the rest of the comp?

We can assume a team with Paddy dow is locked in to win the premiership for as long as he plays. Say 23 years. Is that really fair?
meow meow
Hardened Coach

« Reply #499 on: August 25, 2017, 07:57:29 AM »

Let's get one thing straight. You don't love them. I love them.
Purple 77
Seasoned Coach

Oh, my.

« Reply #500 on: August 28, 2017, 08:53:15 AM »

1. Salary Cap v Points Cap (with no age discount)

Which cap would you like?

A) Salary Cap; the way it is now.
B) Points Cap; as explained by Holz here
A: 11
B: 7

2. Age discount

Would you like to see an age discount, where all players born in 1987 or earlier receive a 3% discount for every year earlier they were born? That is, if born in 1987, you would receive a 3% discount. 1986 --> 6%, 1985 --> 9% etc. This base year will be 1988 in 2018, 1989 in 2019 etc.

A) Yes, I would like to see an age discount on player cap values.
B) No, I would not like to see an age discount on player cap values.

A: 10
B: 8

I'll open up some threads
Holz
2017 WXV PremIEr
Master Coach

Dublin "Pride In Excellence"

« Reply #501 on: August 28, 2017, 09:28:12 AM »

Well thats surprising, the one i thought was nothing but logical to auto pass failed and the one i thought was highly subjective passed.

ohh well move on to trade Period.

got to see if I can pick up Josh Kelly from Seoul. Only a 90 average mid, shouldnt cost too much  :P Might see if i can pick up Heath Shaw as a 95 defender and chuck a little extra on.

JBs-Hawks
2017 EXV Premier
Seasoned Coach

Forever 63 Not Out

« Reply #502 on: August 28, 2017, 10:33:20 AM »

Well thats surprising, the one i thought was nothing but logical to auto pass failed and the one i thought was highly subjective passed.

got to see if I can pick up Josh Kelly from Seoul. Only a 90 average mid, shouldnt cost too much  :P Might see if i can pick up Heath Shaw as a 95 defender and chuck a little extra on.

Yes because there cap value is exactly the same as trade value.

So I'll give you 8 of my spuds for Dusty hopefully it passes and I'm not giving too much overs!
Holz
2017 WXV PremIEr
Master Coach

Dublin "Pride In Excellence"

« Reply #503 on: August 28, 2017, 10:57:25 AM »

Yes because there cap value is exactly the same as trade value.

So I'll give you 8 of my spuds for Dusty hopefully it passes and I'm not giving too much overs!

It was a joke at the cap and im talking straight trade not 8 for 1.

I'm not sure what the cap is to be honest. Not a reflection of scoring power either with the 83 average player costing 100k more then then the 114 average player.

You know thats not right.

meow meow
Hardened Coach

« Reply #504 on: August 30, 2017, 07:24:35 PM »

Is the cap going to be revised later? Or are the min/max set? Currently it includes all the retirees prices, which will inflate the average immensely.
Purple 77
Seasoned Coach

Oh, my.

« Reply #505 on: August 30, 2017, 07:35:51 PM »

Is the cap going to be revised later? Or are the min/max set? Currently it includes all the retirees prices, which will inflate the average immensely.

It's consistent with all previous years, so it's set.
meow meow
Hardened Coach

« Reply #506 on: August 30, 2017, 08:09:14 PM »

Can you remind me of this next year? It's quite stupid to include the values of Sam Mitchell, Joey, Nroo for next years cap.
Levi434
Property Steward

Raaaaainmaker!

« Reply #507 on: September 16, 2017, 05:55:37 PM »

Please Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6njnBSMGqA

I'd appreciate if people paused to read relevant information because I think this would definitely take WXV to the next level. 
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #508 on: September 16, 2017, 06:03:02 PM »

Please Watch:

I'd appreciate if people paused to read relevant information because I think this would definitely take WXV to the next level.

Heads up for everyone else, be sure to mute the video :P
Levi434
Property Steward

Raaaaainmaker!

« Reply #509 on: September 16, 2017, 06:04:18 PM »

Please Watch:

I should also mention that the spreadsheet changes according to the player you are negotiating with. This is purely an example which I used.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines