FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
BlogForumApp

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  AFL fantasy competitions
| |-+  General Supercoach
| | |-+  Supercoach Team Advice (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo, PowerBug)
| | | |-+  Money Shot 2018
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Money Shot 2018  (Read 2998 times)
SilverLion
Forward Coach

Fantasy Coach

« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2018, 10:26:20 AM »

Who is going to make more points - the extra defender or an extra midfielder? Think you gave one defender too many
100% agree but I don’t think there will be 5 cheap defenders available. If there is then it will make everyone’s life a lot more easy.
+1
Money Shot
Seasoned Coach

The Abusement Park is ready for 2018

« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2018, 11:07:05 AM »

FYI last year I had Higgins in my team all preseason but people talked me out of it and he ended up playing 22 games and averaging 91 which would’ve been a great return.

This year I think Brayshaw will be that guy. I really like him but I know other people will end up talking me out of it because logic suggests he isn’t the best pick :P
Peter
Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2018, 12:13:44 PM »

The same with Sicily and Crisp - can gamble with Backs a bit
SilverLion
Forward Coach

Fantasy Coach

« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2018, 04:33:21 PM »

The same with Sicily and Crisp - can gamble with Backs a bit
Yeah I don't mind Crisp as a bit of a smoky.
Money Shot
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2018, 09:50:43 AM »

Version 4

def: Hurley, Yeo, Laird, Brayshaw, Richards, Doedee (Murphy, Garner)
mid: Danger, Martin, Mitchell, Crouch, Fyfe, Rayner, Ahern, Freeman (Kelly, Walker, Worpel)
ruck: Gawn, Nic Nat (Cameron)
fwd: Heeney, Greene, Billings, Christensen, Higgins, Venables (Daniels, Ryan)
cash: $21,900

Pretty happy with my team now.

Either of Yeo/Laird could become Hibberd but for now purely because of bye structure Yeo and Laird are in front.

From the start of the season I said I want the 3/5/3 players who I think will be the top in there positions come seasons end and I think I have that at this stage.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 01:03:59 PM by Money Shot » Logged
Ashmore62
Property Steward

Fantasy coach

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2018, 10:48:06 AM »

Crouch or Kelly is my new major decision.

Crouch averaged 125 after the byes last season and didn't go below 118 in the finals as well. He is a ball magnet and will be in side that will be getting a lot of the ball. Only thing that is putting me off him is that he shares the same bye as Danger, Dusty and Fyfe who are all locks in my side.

Kelly: has a favourable bye and has shown that he can go 110+ across a whole season. He will be in a stronger team this year and will have natural improvement as well.

What is everyone's thoughts on the two???

If they had the same bye who would you choose??? 
Kelly for mine though It's one of the toughest picks to stew over. Both similar, Recon Gibbs is going to effect Crows midfield in a good way which may take away a little from Crouch.. I'm sure you'll pick wisely MS. :)
Peter
Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2018, 11:50:43 AM »

Going tor Kelly - higher ceiling, favourable bye, more favourable stats ratios
DCAK
Training Scout

"60% of this sport is 90% mental."

« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2018, 11:53:45 AM »

Crouch or Kelly is my new major decision.

Crouch averaged 125 after the byes last season and didn't go below 118 in the finals as well. He is a ball magnet and will be in side that will be getting a lot of the ball. Only thing that is putting me off him is that he shares the same bye as Danger, Dusty and Fyfe who are all locks in my side.

Kelly: has a favourable bye and has shown that he can go 110+ across a whole season. He will be in a stronger team this year and will have natural improvement as well.

What is everyone's thoughts on the two???

If they had the same bye who would you choose???

I think that as neither of these guys are 'must have's' (like Danger, Titch, Fyfe, Dusty) perhaps you could let your decision be guided by bye structure, so Kelly for mine.
Money Shot
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2018, 12:16:40 PM »

Kelly and Crouch:

Similarities: Same age, same height and weight, both in a top 4 team, both broke out last season, both signed on to there respective clubs recently. Similar disposal efficiency. Both scored well over finals and will be somewhat of a pod.

Crouch Positives: averaged 4 more possessions a game 33 compared to Kelly’s 29.  Crouch had only 77% time on ground last season compared too Kelly who had 85% so if he can increase his TOG he is almost a certainty to score 110+. Crouch averaged 125 after his bye and I can’t see why he wouldn’t take that form into next season.

Kelly positives: scored 19 goals last season compared too Crouch’s 7 meaning he is more of a scoring threat which in turn means more points. He has a much better bye in terms of supercoach which is a very big deal as if I take Crouch it means 4 premium mids out in round 14. Kelly also had a more consistent year overall whereas Crouch was only elite for half a season. Kelly seems to have a slightly higher ceiling than crouch as well.

Verdict: Although Crouch averaged 3-4 more possesions each game Kelly makes that up quite easily with him scoring a goal in pretty much every game. Crouch has the potential too score more points next season as Dusty, Danger, Titch and Fyfe as well as Kelly all played 85% game time whereas Crouch only played 77%. If Crouch can up his TOG% by 10% which doesn’t seem too unreasonable he could get an extra few possessions and therefore get another 5-10 points making me lean towards Crouch as he is cheaper and in my opinion has more of a chance of going 120+ next season compared too Kelly.

If Crouch averages an extra 5 points per game up until his bye than Kelly does it means that he will be up 70 points and I feel as though that 70 points can be covered if I manage other lines well enough and make sure I don’t get any other round 14 premium mids before round 14.

If anyone can enlighten me on why Crouch has a significantly lower amount of time on ground than most of the elite mids that would be great as that is the main reason I am putting him in my team over Kelly.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines