FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
BlogForumApp

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  AFL fantasy competitions
| |-+  General Supercoach
| | |-+  Players & Trades in SC (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo, PowerBug)
| | | |-+  Point Of Difference Players
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Point Of Difference Players  (Read 24681 times)
jricey
Bootstudder

Fantasy Coach

« on: February 03, 2018, 10:19:52 AM »

What’s everyone’s thoughts on their picks for a few POD players?

I.E Pendles, Oliver, Ellis... and so on.
Torpedo10
Seasoned Coach

2017 Rank: 22767

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 10:20:38 AM »

Hard to believe Pendles would ever be a POD.
jricey
Bootstudder

Fantasy Coach

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 10:27:45 AM »

Hard to believe Pendles would ever be a POD.

As it stands at the moment he’s only in about 6% of teams, and his lowest starting price since 2011...
jricey
Bootstudder

Fantasy Coach

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 10:35:00 AM »

Neale could also be a nice POD for some
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:39:53 AM by jricey » Logged
GoLions
Master Coach

Get around the Kate Upton Cobras!

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 10:52:44 AM »

Neale could also be a nice POD for some
Yeah looking at Neale as well
SilverLion
Expert Coach

2017 SC Ranking - 2827

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 11:06:15 AM »

Making a thread about PoDs, tad ironic.
jricey
Bootstudder

Fantasy Coach

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 11:49:10 AM »

Making a thread about PoDs, tad ironic.

Nothing wrong with helping others who aren’t quite in the know.
Southstorm
Assistant Coach

2015 SC - 432

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 12:49:02 PM »

My thoughts on PoDs is that I don't really understand the appeal behind having a PoD. IMHO, if you're going to pick a player, it's because they fall into one of two categories:

1. They're going to be in the top 6 (or 8 ) of their position for the upcoming season.
2. They're going to make you a stack of money.

I don't go out of my way to find points of difference, I just do an estimate of where I think each players will finish and who will make the best money and pick the best from those determinations. If my opinions don't line up with everyone else's, then I end up with a PoD, but I don't view it as me being unique, I look at it as me being right while everyone else is wrong  ;)
shaker
Veteran Coach

2018 SC rank 899

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 01:29:43 PM »

My thoughts on PoDs is that I don't really understand the appeal behind having a PoD. IMHO, if you're going to pick a player, it's because they fall into one of two categories:

1. They're going to be in the top 6 (or 8 ) of their position for the upcoming season.
2. They're going to make you a stack of money.

I don't go out of my way to find points of difference, I just do an estimate of where I think each players will finish and who will make the best money and pick the best from those determinations. If my opinions don't line up with everyone else's, then I end up with a PoD, but I don't view it as me being unique, I look at it as me being right while everyone else is wrong  ;)
I'm the opposite and find trying to pick that POD that is in there top 5 of positions very important ,making money does not even enter my head a POD could cost 600K it's all about being a top scorer and being in very few teams and by the time people are doing there upgrades you have an advantage that can't be caught , this year a lot of people are jumping on Cripps he may elevate to elite he may not but he won't be a POD but someone like Treloar ( the butcher ) could be who knows all the coaching changes at the Pies might be all that is needed for the Pies to perform better and Treloar finally go top 5 maybe not .

Last year was the perfect POD Oliver cheap and a top scorer so he not only gave the people that started him an advantage that could not be caught but also made money , maybe he was a super POD but they are rare so to me POD's are very important just look at the rankings after the season has been under way for a while and I say to myself these teams are almost identical to mine bar two or three POD's that I did not start so for me they are the key to success  ;)
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 02:32:23 PM »

There's 20+ mids who could finish the season as a Top 8

Picking any of them with low ownership is a POD

That's the type of POD that works - not the mid pricer with hope of turning elite - they're the ones to stay away from

meow meow
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 02:36:11 PM »

That's the type of POD that works - not the mid pricer with hope of turning elite - they're the ones to stay away from

Only in the backline. Guys like Jack Steele are easy to get right.
Ringo
Master Coach

2014 RDT Elxam m0nty medalist

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 06:05:22 PM »

If I am tossing up between a couple of players I look at ownership % if I believe player will be in Top 8/10. Ownership is a fair guide despite what is said on FF.  eg A lot of people on FF say they are going with the Gawn Jacobs ruck combo. Gawn has 56% ownership but would you believe that Jacobs has only 4% so currently a POD for us.
Lobb is another interesting one with only 5% ownership.
Just saying in my opinion a POD is someone who you believe will be Top 8/10 in the position with lower than a 10% ownership.
sammy123
Seasoned Coach

SC since 05

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2018, 06:19:55 PM »

I've gone oliver cant see him being tagged so hopefully he increases his numbers from last yr
frenzy
Experienced Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 10:04:47 PM »

That's exactly what Oliver was at the start of the last season. I cannot say I saw that season he had coming, can you? He maybe just a one off freak though.
js19
Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 10:46:40 PM »

That's exactly what Oliver was at the start of the last season. I cannot say I saw that season he had coming, can you? He maybe just a one off freak though.

Except if you picked Kelly as well you got the goose with the golden egg... Everyone looks for the bargain pick that finishes as a keeper, so while people waste trades and money trying to get them in, you're always one step ahead. That's the name of the game
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines