FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  AFL fantasy competitions
| |-+  General Supercoach
| | |-+  Supercoach Team Advice (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo, PowerBug)
| | | |-+  BackPockets 2018
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BackPockets 2018  (Read 344 times)
backpocket
Property Steward

Fantasy Coach

« on: February 12, 2018, 01:11:52 PM »

Gday ladies and gentlemen, back for another year of getting grey hairs and stress levels hitting 100... first draft of my team... rate and hate as usual.

Backline:
Laird, Hibberd, Burton, Birchall, O’Shea, Doedee (Buckley, Richards)

Midfield:
Dangerfield, Ablett, Kelly, Fyfe, Bontempelli, Armitage, Davies-Uniacke, T. Kelly (Higgins, Barry, Holman)

Rucks:
Grundy, Gawn (Cameron)

Forwards:
Heeney, Dahlhaus, Walters, Christensen, Ahern, Keefe (Ryan, Giles-Langdon)

BANK: 5.7k

On cusp of selection: Mitchell, JPK, Johaniesen, Angus Bradyshaw, Lobb (pending DPP adjustment), Billings, Dumont.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:25:54 PM by backpocket » Logged
Money Shot
Seasoned Coach

The Abusement Park is ready for 2018

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 02:18:25 PM »

Defence is good with a nice pod in Burton who should at least keep his average and if not improve it.

First 5 midfielders are good selections, Ablett is a worry with injuries but when he plays he should score 110+ comfortably. Armitage may not even be in there best 22 so be careful with him (O'meara/Griffin) could be better selections.

Grundy is a concern with the Cox factor but in saying that is probably the best up and coming ruckman in the comp so I can't fault that pick and he is definitely a better selection that Nic Nat.

Similar to defence, I like the forward line with a nice pod selection in Walters.

--------------------------

Johanisesen and Dumont are the only two I wouldn't consider out of the guys you have mentioned.

Ablett to Mitchell
Birchall to Brayshaw
Dahlhaus to Billings

JPK/Bont is pretty even in my eyes as I rate both highly.
ubeaut
Seasoned Coach

Bring on SC 2016

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 02:48:53 PM »

I think Grundy,Bont,JPK,Walters and even GAJ (gutsy pick but could pay off   big) are great POD picks.
Not sold on Burton especially with Birchall as well at D3+4
Agree with Billings over Dahl but that would give u 3 prem fwds with R 14 bye which is what makes Walters 50/50 for my team too.(That and Ross Lyon)
pendles93
Bootstudder

2016 rank :#15 / 2017 rank: #481

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 12:13:46 AM »

I like the team mate,

I like how you're taking a punt with Burton. I dont see how he goes backwards in any way.

I think the Cox effect on Grundy is over rated. Moore will play backline this year so I feel Cox will play majority forward rather than share the ruck role. Grundy has a huge tank, why waste it.

Only aspect of your team that I don't rate is Armo. I'd downgrade to a Dow/Brayshaw/Brodie and utilise the $$

;D
backpocket
Property Steward

Fantasy Coach

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 10:10:32 AM »

I like the team mate,

I like how you're taking a punt with Burton. I dont see how he goes backwards in any way.

I think the Cox effect on Grundy is over rated. Moore will play backline this year so I feel Cox will play majority forward rather than share the ruck role. Grundy has a huge tank, why waste it.

Only aspect of your team that I don't rate is Armo. I'd downgrade to a Dow/Brayshaw/Brodie and utilise the $$

;D

Yeah I agree with arma, really only had him in there as a high price M6 so I can playa round with.
I feel burton will go 95+ playing a fair amount of midfield too. With a lot of defenders back and a lack of skilled mids he will take the pi55
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines