FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  Other sports (Moderators: valkorum, Holz, LF, LaHug, Ringo, PowerBug)
| | |-+  NBA Season 2018/19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA Season 2018/19  (Read 20628 times)
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

2015 AF Rank - 811 2016 AF Rank - 854

« Reply #450 on: May 27, 2019, 11:56:06 AM »

Warriors are meant to win, nothing special there, but Kawhi has a chance to become elite.  It's about time something special happened in the NBA, don't give me that warriors dynasty bullshower, they took the piss when they signed KD, then signed Demarcus.

They won 2015 without either of them, and just closed out Houston then swept Portland without both of them either

Of course they are a better side when those two are out there but I don't subscribe to those two putting an asterick on their achievements

GSW are 32-1 without KD, so they clearly ball well without him

No asterisk on any title, just boring seeing this team win everything, it's not their fault, but similar to Spurs when they were as boring as bat shower to watch, but were just better than everyone.  With or without KD, they hold that elite-ness over everyone.  Would be much better for basketball if Kawhi was to go to the next level, either way I see KD leaving next season and a whole reshuffle that should make things interesting.
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #451 on: May 27, 2019, 12:32:19 PM »

Warriors are meant to win, nothing special there, but Kawhi has a chance to become elite.  It's about time something special happened in the NBA, don't give me that warriors dynasty bullshower, they took the piss when they signed KD, then signed Demarcus.

They won 2015 without either of them, and just closed out Houston then swept Portland without both of them either

Of course they are a better side when those two are out there but I don't subscribe to those two putting an asterick on their achievements

No asterisk on any title, just boring seeing this team win everything, it's not their fault, but similar to Spurs when they were as boring as bat shower to watch, but were just better than everyone.  With or without KD, they hold that elite-ness over everyone.  Would be much better for basketball if Kawhi was to go to the next level, either way I see KD leaving next season and a whole reshuffle that should make things interesting.

I agree, and I think next year is when you will get what you're after

KD will go for sure (he needs to have his own team and win finals to get the respect he wants and he knows that) and then the likes of AD, Kyrie and possibly even Kawhi will all be elsewhere so next year is shaping up to be very exciting

That said, even with Steph, Klay and Draymond GSW could still win it all next year too haha
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #452 on: May 27, 2019, 03:26:44 PM »

I agree, and I think next year is when you will get what you're after

KD will go for sure (he needs to have his own team and win finals to get the respect he wants and he knows that) and then the likes of AD, Kyrie and possibly even Kawhi will all be elsewhere so next year is shaping up to be very exciting

That said, even with Steph, Klay and Draymond GSW could still win it all next year too haha

Exactly, and I don't mind them winning it as much on a level playing field, they're an amazing team just with that lineup.
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #453 on: May 29, 2019, 02:28:37 PM »

I'm all aboard the Raps bandwagon, toot toot! Let's go Kawhi "MJ" Leonard!
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #454 on: May 31, 2019, 10:54:56 AM »

Here we go!
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #455 on: May 31, 2019, 05:42:49 PM »

Get it Siakam!
LaHug
Veteran Coach

Donate to Cancer Council

« Reply #456 on: May 31, 2019, 06:54:53 PM »

What a game from him! It's weird that it felt like GSW could still win it all the way until the end though. I'd still say they're favourites but let's go Raptors for Game 2.
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #457 on: May 31, 2019, 07:17:59 PM »

Let's see if Siakam can back it up though

He's had 1 big game each series so far and then gone quiet

Was a great game to watch live - crowd was huge - bring on Monday!

I can't see Toronto winning at Oracle twice so I still expect this going to 6 minimum
LaHug
Veteran Coach

Donate to Cancer Council

« Reply #458 on: May 31, 2019, 07:36:01 PM »

I can't see Toronto winning at Oracle twice so I still expect this going to 6 minimum

That'd be 5 minimum. Finals are 2-2-1-1-1. Haven't been 2-3-2 in ages.
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #459 on: May 31, 2019, 07:45:30 PM »

That'd be 5 minimum. Finals are 2-2-1-1-1. Haven't been 2-3-2 in ages.

Well I expect GSW to win both at home in 3 and 4 hence 6 prediction

TomK
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #460 on: May 31, 2019, 10:12:54 PM »

WE GOING TO THE FINALS

agreed, raps in 4
TomK
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #461 on: June 03, 2019, 12:52:51 PM »

that start to the 3rd quarter gonna give me nightmares
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #462 on: June 03, 2019, 01:08:14 PM »

I suspect that this is the Toronto we are likely going to see for the majority of the series

We know Kawhi will deliver, but unless others really step up (ala Siakam Game 1) Raps can't beat GSW

Klay and Looney potentially missing now on top of KD - Raps won't get a better chance, but if guys like Gasol, Green, Lowry etc don't really step up then it's over
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #463 on: June 03, 2019, 01:33:18 PM »

:'(

Kawhi has been only good so far, he's been slightly off IMO, only a matter of time till he has one of those unstoppable games.

VanVleet has been great, dumb foul by Lowry to get him out of the game.

3rd qtr killed Toronto, Draymond has been huge.
LaHug
Veteran Coach

Donate to Cancer Council

« Reply #464 on: June 03, 2019, 08:47:16 PM »

Nurse's coaching was incredible to switch up that defence once Klay went down. They should've been able to steal that lead back but just couldn't hit a shot. Then Iggy happened...
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines