FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
BlogForumApp

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  FanFooty
| |-+  Archives
| | |-+  Supercoach Archive
| | | |-+  2018/2019 SC Players Archive
| | | | |-+  2019 Forwards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2019 Forwards  (Read 62794 times)
kilbluff1985
Master Coach

coach in WXV, BXV, ADT, ASC

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2019, 09:56:57 AM »

did u guys see the articles about Mundytting mid time? makes sense since they need mids he has replaced Heeney for me
elephants
2019 WXV Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2019, 10:30:56 AM »

did u guys see the articles about Mundytting mid time? makes sense since they need mids he has replaced Heeney for me

Anyone at all considering Mundy?

With Neale and Blakely gone, I think Fyfe mentioned recently that he expects Mundy to be back in the midfield full time

Yep plus Ross said S.Hill would have played midfield had he been fit. The word from Ross is Mundy will play pure midfield (especially early) as they attempt to integrate the kids Cerra, Brayshaw, Giro and Crowden into more permanent midfield roles. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Conca come in and play a defensive midfield role too.

As for Mundy, I am all over him. Elite trainer and professional, he will slow down at some stage but I feel like this season won't be it. Can see him going close to triple figures, I mean, look at his numbers when Fyfe went out late in the season!

130, 80, 100, 116, 117, 109

Gun!

Just following up on the Toby Greene stuff, Leon also said that he has been running flat out for 4-5 weeks now so that's actually comforting to hear. Says he expects him to play Round 1 as already mentioned here, but also said he might even be a chance for a JLT match

After seeing that, and the nightmare that the forward line already is, I might put Tobias back in my side  :-X

It's simple for me, if he plays a JLT game I'll pick him. Won't trust it otherwise

Agreed, if he gets a JLT game under his belt he should only get better as the year progresses
kilbluff1985
Master Coach

coach in WXV, BXV, ADT, ASC

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2019, 10:42:21 AM »

the SC site is saying Greene has a foot injury now?
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2019, 11:33:45 AM »

It's always been an ankle issue, so ankle/foot same shower I guess
ubeaut
Seasoned Coach

Bring on SC 2016

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2019, 11:38:05 AM »

I can understand the interest in Mundy, but to replace Heeney? One guy is 34 this year past his best, the other is 10 years younger, is also set for more mid time, having a full preseason (unlike last year) and is just coming into his prime.
GoLions
Master Coach

Get around the Kate Upton Cobras!

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2019, 11:48:13 AM »

I can understand the interest in Mundy, but to replace Heeney? One guy is 34 this year past his best, the other is 10 years younger, is also set for more mid time, having a full preseason (unlike last year) and is just coming into his prime.
Yeah i can't see that working out as well, would be better off with Mundy as F3/4. Danger and Heeney locked boi
shaker
Veteran Coach

2018 SC rank 899

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2019, 11:48:18 AM »

I think it was 42 days yesterday till the season starts 7 weeks so any player who has had an injury that is back or that will start training soon that seems ample time to get a good training block in , if Greene has no more problems he has to be a lock
GoLions
Master Coach

Get around the Kate Upton Cobras!

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2019, 11:49:30 AM »

I think it was 42 days yesterday till the season starts 7 weeks so any player who has had an injury that is back or that will start training soon that seems ample time to get a good training block in , if Greene has no more problems he has to be a lock
Not necessarily, still a slight injury risk, but more importantly, a high dickhead risk
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2019, 11:54:08 AM »

Yeah I raised Mundy as an option, but for F3

Danger and Heeney haven't moved from F1/2, and replacing Heeney with Mundy is not a good idea imo, but a solid F3 POD

I'll probably go with Mundy/Gray for F3 personally

As for Tobias, he's back in the side for now. I know he'll get injured or rubbed out, but I don't care anymore - his price allows me to set the rest of my side up much better, so that's worth it  ;D

I figure he'll be my F6, so for 350k can't complain too much I guess
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 11:55:54 AM by RaisyDaisy » Logged
jfitty
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2019, 12:24:56 PM »

I figure he'll be my F6, so for 350k can't complain too much I guess

This is exactly my thoughts on Greene.

If he's fully fit, an average around 95-100 is definitely on the cards, which will put him firmly in the top 10 forwards.

For 350k you can't complain with that.
shaker
Veteran Coach

2018 SC rank 899

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2019, 12:26:16 PM »

Not necessarily, still a slight injury risk, but more importantly, a high dickhead risk
Oh well I'll put up with the dickhead risk for someone at his price who could easily avg. 100  ;)
RaisyDaisy
Master Coach

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2019, 12:29:38 PM »

Now with Birch ruling himself out, it does make me more comfortable taking the risk on Greene

Every other prem I select will have had a flawless, or next to clear preseason so if Greene is the only player in my side with risk then that's alright
Deadly6
Bench Steward

Fantasy coach

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2019, 09:50:43 AM »

Now with Birch ruling himself out, it does make me more comfortable taking the risk on Greene

Every other prem I select will have had a flawless, or next to clear preseason so if Greene is the only player in my side with risk then that's alright

With 7 weeks to go, what could possibly go wrong
elephants
2019 WXV Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2019, 10:08:20 AM »

Literally my whole line of thinking with my draft ranks, hence why my spreadsheet has a notes column. The data is phenomenal, an interrupted or incomplete preseason inevitably leads to a poor year either scoring, or injury wise. As always there are 1-2 exceptions each year but its as close as you can get to a lock in fantasy footy haha
Ringo
Chat/forum mods
Coaching Legend

2014 RDT Elxam m0nty medalist

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2019, 11:11:48 AM »

Talking of flawless preseasons Lincoln McCarthy has not missed a session and has looked great, Not sure though whether I have the gonads to select him. Depending on Rookies in defence forward may downgrade Greene to Mccarthy and upgrade Roberton to  Williams. Will watch JLT but at the moment looks like a choice between Roberton/Greene and Williams/McCarthy.  McCarthy though would have to be exceptional though given the $248k price.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising WeeklyAds2 Big W Catalogue Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines