FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  AFL fantasy competitions
| |-+  Other AFL comps
| | |-+  AFL Ultimate Team Game
| | | |-+  UTG Archives Board (Moderators: Spite, fanTCfool)
| | | | |-+  UTG Season 4: Discussion & Banter Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UTG Season 4: Discussion & Banter Thread  (Read 5697 times)
fanTCfool
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2019, 11:50:43 PM »

General reminder that consumable cards cannot be used in finals.
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2019, 10:29:27 PM »

Bit of advertising - vacant ADT coaching position: http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,113329.0.html
fanTCfool
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2019, 10:13:17 PM »

We're closing in on UTG finals, a reminder that you cannot buy packs nor complete exchanges once finals have begun.
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

2015 AF Rank - 811 2016 AF Rank - 854

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2019, 10:14:08 AM »

Just wondering if we'll get pack opens today, if not I'll post up current teams in round 19 threads...
fanTCfool
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2019, 10:16:09 AM »

Just wondering if we'll get pack opens today, if not I'll post up current teams in round 19 threads...

You most certainly will! I am just putting up the minigame as we speak with packs to follow.
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2019, 10:20:40 AM »

You most certainly will! I am just putting up the minigame as we speak with packs to follow.

Booyakasha!  ;D
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2019, 11:24:40 AM »

Cool mini, we should all multi our part 1's into 25+ disposals and part 2's into anytime goal scorers.  :P
LordSneeze
Expert Coach

Supercoach Stud on Heat

« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2019, 08:06:33 AM »

Just confirming that this week is the last week for any trades or packs?
Gigantor
Veteran Coach

« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2019, 09:00:02 AM »

Cool mini, we should all multi our part 1's into 25+ disposals and part 2's into anytime goal scorers.  :P
Thank flower I didn't try this. It was tougher than i thought to pick 25-30 touches
fanTCfool
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2019, 10:51:15 AM »

Just confirming that this week is the last week for any trades or packs?

Confirmed.
fanTCfool
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2019, 10:40:25 PM »

An idea for next season I would love to get some more thoughts on...

It has been suggested to myself that obtaining a platinum card is now too easy, relative to earlier UTG seasons.
This holds to reason. Back in the day, there was no such thing as a value pack or gold pack, all packs had 3 cards and cost 20G. In order to exchange for a platinum, players had to give up 7 gold rarity cards.

Jump forward to where we are right now, there's now a bunch of pack options that essentially give you a lot more bang for your buck, especially across the length of a season. Despite this, the 7 gold rarity cards for a platinum has not changed, accelerating the ability of participants to snag a platinum via exchange.

The proposed resolution? I suggest that, in future seasons, the amount of gold rarity cards required to exchange for a platinum should increase by 1 card with each exchange. This will still allow participants to get their hands on some of the top DT players in the game, but also serves to slow the front-runners from flying well ahead of the pack.

In case you don't follow, my first platinum exchange would require 7 gold cards, the next would require 8, the next 9 and so on.

However, this can be damaging to someone who receives an underwhelming platinum via exchange and wishes to sell and 'spin again' in the platinum exchange department. So it is thanks to GL for this suggested amendment. GL suggested that, with every platinum sold, the cards required to exchange for a platinum would decrease by 1, with the minimum remaining at 7.

Your thoughts on these suggestions, as well as any other suggestions you may have, are welcomed.
LordSneeze
Expert Coach

Supercoach Stud on Heat

« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2019, 10:43:48 PM »

Would be interesting to see the stats of traded in plats vs packed plats vs Auctioned plats.

Appears to be alot more plats coming from packs and auctions than exchanges. Cant even remember a club set plat used.
GoLions
Master Coach

Get around the Kate Upton Cobras!

« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2019, 10:47:40 PM »

Would be interesting to see the stats of traded in plats vs packed plats vs Auctioned plats.

Appears to be alot more plats coming from packs and auctions than exchanges. Cant even remember a club set plat used.
I got TMitch in a club set plat last year ahahaha
fanTCfool
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2019, 11:00:15 PM »

Club Set platinums are intentionally hard to acquire, in many instances there may only be 1 or 2 platinums for an AFL team. I'll leave most of the rest to your imagination, other than to say a smart tactician could abuse club set platinums if they were too easy to acquire.
Gigantor
Veteran Coach

« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2019, 11:03:09 AM »

Happy with the change to the Plat exchange rate.
To make it simpler to keep track of how many golds you need to exchange it should be:

7 + Number of Plats you own

The same result but the only sales you will need to keep track of are the ones made since the last user hub update.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines