FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
BlogForumApp

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  AFL fantasy competitions
| |-+  General Supercoach
| | |-+  Players & Trades in SC (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo, PowerBug)
| | | |-+  Jack Steven
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jack Steven  (Read 1193 times)
Mahogany
Property Steward

Fantasy coach

« on: January 14, 2020, 02:25:21 PM »

Bound to be a thread on him eventually. New team, now seemingly focused and fit. Hole in midfield with Kelly leaving. Seriously thinking he is great value?
Peter
Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 05:52:49 PM »

Agree - see how he goes in the Marsh series
Money Shot
Seasoned Coach

Titz Out For LeBois! Titz Out for LeBois!

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 08:07:42 PM »

Martin, Whitfield, Steven and Smith are locked and loaded as my first four forwards at this point in time.

LordSneeze
Expert Coach

Supercoach Stud on Heat

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 09:49:32 AM »

Martin, Whitfield, Steven and Smith are locked and loaded as my first four forwards at this point in time.
Going GG in ruck I just don't feel I can go Whitfield as well, without severely hamstringing my midfield. There are very few locked midfielders for a top 10 Mid position.

I can understand Steven, Is 30 and hasn't been overly injury prone over his career. So there is a 60% that he can get back to the 90-100 average and play 20 games.

Smith I just don't understand, he will be in a lot of teams, which could make him a good POD non selection, He is likely, if fit, to fall somewhere from 75-90 average, probably a 10% chance of a 90+. The main reason in 2018 for his increase in scoring was a substantial increase in his tackle numbers, up 3.2 tackles per game and had 8 games with over 10 tackles. Coming back from a knee injury, I don't really see him coming out an averaging 8-10 tackles per game.
His highest score in the last 4 years has been 125 (57 game sample). In that same sample he has had 14 games under 70 (Approx 25% of games). He hasn't shown to me the propensity of being able to score high enough to offset the spud games that are likely to occur. To me there is a lot more reason to not select than there is to select him.
Money Shot
Seasoned Coach

Titz Out For LeBois! Titz Out for LeBois!

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 04:01:27 PM »

I think 85-90 from Dev isn’t unrealistic and that is enough for F6 with the forward line crop we have this year.
jfitty
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 10:08:59 AM »

Steven's in my team at the moment, think he could be the bargain of the year if he can go 95+ and play 20 odd games.

The oppurtunity is there with Kelly moving on, just have to see how he goes in the Marsh series
enzedder
Veteran Coach

SC Elxam Champs League (2013-2018) & out.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 01:00:29 PM »

Hope Steven does well. That said, he isn’t in my plans.
Will only consider him if forward rookies are so thin that I need to start a mid pricer to sure things up but prefer Smith if I go down that route.
The move down the highway to be closer to friends and family will hopefully help Steven find a better head space and keep his demons at bay. I wish him all the best but he has a mental health issue that could have further implications on his ability to front up each week/ miss weeks on end...(think Beams). It is a risk that has to be considered in picking him.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines