FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
BlogForumApp

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  AFL fantasy competitions
| |-+  AFL Fantasy
| | |-+  AF Strategy (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo, PowerBug)
| | | |-+  Utility for 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Utility for 2020  (Read 2568 times)
Grazz
Chat/forum mods
Master Coach

Who Has The Nuts Wins!!

« on: February 13, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »

Anyone have a full grasp on how we can use the new position of Utility for 2020. What strategies are people contemplating with it.
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

2015 AF Rank - 811 2016 AF Rank - 854

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 01:02:56 PM »

Anyone have a full grasp on how we can use the new position of Utility for 2020. What strategies are people contemplating with it.

Personally I think it will become handy when you're fully upgraded and can hold a bench premo in the spot to plug in for injuries virtually anywhere on your team, will reduce the need to sideways trade.

Handy in the early stages for bringing in an extra rookie to make cash who will actually play as opposed to having a non-playing bench ruck.

I'm sure new tactics will develop as the season unfolds. :)
Football Factory
2017 Real Dream Team Winner
Veteran Coach

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 07:10:58 PM »

Not really sure to be honest .. at the start there might be better/more options in one position in regards to rooks so i will look to do that to start with.
Grazz
Chat/forum mods
Master Coach

Who Has The Nuts Wins!!

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 06:39:37 AM »

Personally I think it will become handy when you're fully upgraded and can hold a bench premo in the spot to plug in for injuries virtually anywhere on your team, will reduce the need to sideways trade.

Handy in the early stages for bringing in an extra rookie to make cash who will actually play as opposed to having a non-playing bench ruck.

I'm sure new tactics will develop as the season unfolds. :)

When you say virtually anywhere mate, you mean via their DPP position as that's how I understand they can only be used.

Not really sure to be honest .. at the start there might be better/more options in one position in regards to rooks so i will look to do that to start with.

Yeh that's pretty much how I see everyone using it in the early rounds, not alot else you can do with it. I like the idea of a utility
as R4 was a wasted spot for generating cash. Hard enough to get one rookie ruck or cheap option playing let alone two of them.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 06:42:40 AM by Grazz » Logged
jvalles69
Seasoned Coach

2015 AF Rank - 811 2016 AF Rank - 854

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 11:14:01 AM »

When you say virtually anywhere mate, you mean via their DPP position as that's how I understand they can only be used.

Yeah of course, but the opportunity to move that position around is great.
Grazz
Chat/forum mods
Master Coach

Who Has The Nuts Wins!!

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 03:46:36 PM »

Yeah of course, but the opportunity to move that position around is great.

Yep I agree mate, it's going to come in quite handy.
Having another real option to generate cash to get a full team is a big bonus in itself.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising WeeklyAds2 Big W Catalogue Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines