FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  AFL fantasy competitions
| |-+  XVs Competitions
| | |-+  Asia XVs (Moderators: nas, BB67th, Rids)
| | | |-+  AXVs: Official Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXVs: Official Discussion Thread  (Read 200017 times)
Hawka
Seasoned Coach

It's Toff's Boyyy

« Reply #5415 on: October 07, 2018, 05:28:48 PM »

Time to fire up this draft.
Yes please
upthemaidens
Seasoned Coach

AF ELXAM TRIPLE CROWN WINNER

« Reply #5416 on: October 07, 2018, 06:47:33 PM »

Hopefully we can knock this draft over fairly quickly.
   Even with a shorter trade period, the Nat draft probably won't happen until at least January.  Is that a fair assumption?

Edit: Forget that I thought it was November :)  Never mind nothing to see here..  We should get the Nat Draft done in early December.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 06:51:47 PM by upthemaidens » Logged
nas
Veteran Coach

« Reply #5417 on: October 07, 2018, 06:55:33 PM »

Even with a shorter trade period, the Nat draft probably won't happen until at least January.  Is that a fair assumption?

Edit: Forget that I thought it was November :)  Never mind nothing to see here..  We should get the Nat Draft done in early December.

I'll get a thread up whilst the Re Draft is on for the Nd & RD so that we are ready in case of pick exchanges over trade period.
upthemaidens
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #5418 on: October 07, 2018, 07:02:30 PM »

I'll get a thread up whilst the Re Draft is on for the Nd & RD so that we are ready in case of pick exchanges over trade period.
Yeah nice one nas.   27 degrees, daylight savings starting today and no footy on.  I thought it was November..  Oh dear  haha
BB67th
Midfield Coach

« Reply #5419 on: October 07, 2018, 07:57:26 PM »

Also, we are welcoming back Koop, who is remaining as coach of the Taiwan Dolphins! Thanks to Koop for putting his hand up to keep the comp moving along by allowing us to find a 12th coach.
Rusty00
2017 AXVIII DT Premier
Seasoned Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #5420 on: October 07, 2018, 10:37:59 PM »

Is everyone aware the re-draft has started? Do we need a PM out to the coaches?
nas
Veteran Coach

« Reply #5421 on: October 07, 2018, 10:43:02 PM »

Is everyone aware the re-draft has started? Do we need a PM out to the coaches?

BB sent a message to all, but just looked at it & yourself missing. Will rectify that now
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #5422 on: October 10, 2018, 07:48:54 PM »

Can we get a delistings/retirements thread please?
Rusty00
2017 AXVIII DT Premier
Seasoned Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #5423 on: October 14, 2018, 04:29:04 PM »

Just a quick one, isn't the draft order normally based on positions after finals, the same as the AFL?
upthemaidens
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #5424 on: October 14, 2018, 04:57:55 PM »

Just a quick one, isn't the draft order normally based on positions after finals, the same as the AFL?
It should be.  We have lost a few clubs, so that may have changed your spot.
Rusty00
2017 AXVIII DT Premier
Seasoned Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #5425 on: October 14, 2018, 05:03:52 PM »

We were bundled out of the finals in the first week so should be a couple spots earlier.
upthemaidens
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #5426 on: October 14, 2018, 05:07:36 PM »

We were bundled out of the finals in the first week so should be a couple spots earlier.
If you are not in the correct spot, maybe mentioning that before the re-draft started :)

Edit: Quick look, yep you should of been higher up.  In front of the Folders and the Bears by the looks of it.
   Originally the Strikers were 12th, since the order hadn't included finals.  I mentioned it to nas and he changed it, but I didn't check the other spots.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 05:23:32 PM by upthemaidens » Logged
BB67th
Midfield Coach

« Reply #5427 on: October 16, 2018, 06:42:22 PM »

So it looks as though for the re-draft we did use a draft order based primarily more on ladder position than finals position for our top 8 teams. Sorry to all that we did not pick up on this oversight previously.

Hopefully this has not impacted coaches' drafting in the redraft too much. One way to look at it is that the draft order ended up more reflecting points scored (as ladder positions and points scored lined up more than finals positions).

In this case I think the best way forward is to have the redraft stand as it is, to avoid redoing most of that draft, and moving forward we will alter the National Draft and Rookie Draft picks to reflect finals positions, as they have done each season so far.

In looking at how the draft order changed, I realise that my own team was benefited in moving up a couple of spots. Again, I hope it didn't make too much of a change for coaches, with only a couple of draft order placings being impacted.
upthemaidens
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #5428 on: November 05, 2018, 07:05:29 PM »

This may be somewhere, but I couldn't find it.   Now that we are a 12 club comp, what will be the Finals set up?

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines