FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
BlogForumApp

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  FanFooty
| |-+  Archives
| | |-+  Supercoach Archive
| | | |-+  2013 SC Player Archive
| | | | |-+  2013 Supercoach Player Profile: Brian Lake
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2013 Supercoach Player Profile: Brian Lake  (Read 5542 times)
quinny88
Veteran Coach

« on: October 10, 2012, 02:01:45 AM »

Brian Lake

2012 stats:
Games: 20

Position: B

Average: 80.5

Tons: 6

Grade: 7/10

Lake in 2013
Price: $427,600 (Fan Planner)
Position: B/F

After a horror 2011 season, Lake started 2012 at a price that was too good to refuse and was solid as an eventual D7 for a lot of supercoach teams. With an average of 80.5 he looked to have been past his days as a solid 90-100 avg player but that may just turn around now that he has made the switch to Hawthorn. Lake managed to average 99, 92, 92 & 104 between 2007-2010 despite playing the lock down defender role. He has the ability to get his hands on the ball, take a lot of marks, play kick to kick with other defenders and rack up supercoach points despite being responsible for the #1 tall forward in any team. He is likely to gain B/F dpp status after spending some time forward in 2012 with the doggies. He will also be playing in a team of defenders that wax off each other better than any team in the comp. Lake would reap the benefits of a bit of kick to kick with the likes of Birchall, Suckling, Gibson, Guerra & Co. Although he will be 31 at the beggining of 2013 he must be taken into consideration. If he can stay injury free he is likely to have a very solid season.

Predicted avg: 90- 95
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:46:38 PM by quinny88 » Logged
Adamant
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »

Not sure how I can squeeze him in, but definitely on the radar now that he's a hawk.
Ricochet
2019 WXV Premier
Coaching Legend

Dublin are pie

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 10:54:16 AM »

Yep i agree Quinny, can see him hitting 90+ at the Hawks
Definitely on my radar
Hagebear
Expert Coach

2013 final SC rank 185, final DT rank 800.

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »

He's a chance for my DT team but not sure if I can fit him into my SC side.
enzedder
Veteran Coach

SC Elxam Champs League (2013-2018) & out.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 06:49:38 PM »

The fact that he is now a hawk will have me looking at him closely. Can see him scoring well as Hawks defence share and switch play. Hawks will collectively get a bigger slice of the pie points wise compared to Doggies too so I wouldn't be surprised to see him average 90+. Will make my mind up after pre season. DPP might be of benefit too. He's a possibility.
Adamant
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 07:46:11 PM »

The fact that he is now a hawk will have me looking at him closely. Can see him scoring well as Hawks defence share and switch play. Hawks will collectively get a bigger slice of the pie points wise compared to Doggies too so I wouldn't be surprised to see him average 90+. Will make my mind up after pre season. DPP might be of benefit too. He's a possibility.
Oh yeah, forgot about his DPP...might be handy with Bock/Staker!
Ricochet
2019 WXV Premier
Coaching Legend

Dublin are pie

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 11:28:26 PM »

Oh yeah, forgot about his DPP...might be handy with Bock/Staker!
will he actually get it tho? from memory he only played up fwd towards the end of the year?? i could be wrong tho
Capper
Master Coach

CAPPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 12:41:22 AM »

too expensive and now that he is at Hawthorn he will take the FF and let Gibson roam free.

meow meow
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 12:45:43 AM »

Lake is a 0% chance of getting MPP next season. Champion Data know that he is no chance to play forward for the Hawks.
Adamant
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 12:52:36 AM »

too expensive and now that he is at Hawthorn he will take the FF and let Gibson roam free.

lol Mel B, do you ever say yes to anyone?  ;D
Adamant
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 12:53:39 AM »

Lake is a 0% chance of getting MPP next season. Champion Data know that he is no chance to play forward for the Hawks.
whatlez - Im pretty certain they base DPP on the previous year, not where they are going to play in the upcoming season.
meow meow
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 01:00:00 AM »

whatlez - Im pretty certain they base DPP on the previous year, not where they are going to play in the upcoming season.

Where they are expected to play comes into consideration. Sam Gilbert a couple of years ago is a perfect example. Played about 2 quarters in the forward line for the whole year but was given bac/fwd status because they expected him to play forward a lot the next year.
Jroo
Veteran Coach

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »

Even though he has changed clubs I still won't pick Lake. Had him this year and was pretty dissaapointing towards the end of the year
Jroo
Veteran Coach

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 06:19:09 PM »

Lol + 1, a no from me
quinny88
Veteran Coach

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 06:29:01 PM »

He has always taken the FF, it hasnt stopped him scoring well over his career..

In saying that its a no from me also lol
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising WeeklyAds2 Big W Catalogue Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines