FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  Other sports (Moderators: valkorum, Holz, LF, LaHug, Ringo, PowerBug)
| | |-+  NBA Season 2013-14
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA Season 2013-14  (Read 96484 times)
Holz
Master Coach

EXV 2.0 is on

« Reply #300 on: July 26, 2013, 08:49:28 AM »

Actually if you compare 3rd year stats to 3rd year stats the Rondo is worse than Vasquez

Rondo
AST: 8.2
PPG: 11.9
REB: 5.2
3P%: .313
FG%: .505
FT%: .642
MIN: 33.0

Vasquez
AST: 9.0
PPG: 13.9
REB: 4.3
3P%: .342
FG%: .433
FT%: .805
MIN: 34.4

Irving coming into his 3rd season should smash both those guys.
valkorum
Veteran Coach

FYFEY!!

« Reply #301 on: July 26, 2013, 09:09:37 AM »

Irving is a very good guard but not sure he will be better in the assist column.  The point I was trying to make is that Rondo isn't the greatest as Jayman likes to think.

I named a "nobody" with stats almost as good as Rondo's (better at the same point in their careers)
Holz
Master Coach

EXV 2.0 is on

« Reply #302 on: July 26, 2013, 09:17:57 AM »

Irving is a very good guard but not sure he will be better in the assist column.  The point I was trying to make is that Rondo isn't the greatest as Jayman likes to think.

I named a "nobody" with stats almost as good as Rondo's (better at the same point in their careers)

if your going pass first point guards than rondo is right up there, however just because guys arent traditional point guards doesnt mean they arent good in the PG position.

shoot first PG like Irving Curry and Westbrook just play a different role.
kingkingston
Bootstudder

hoopsfans.net

« Reply #303 on: July 26, 2013, 10:46:57 AM »

as far as being a pure point guard, a pass first one, you won't find many better than Rondo, if any

also he does a lot of things well except shoot
I disagree. He is a much improved shooter. http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/rondo_is_one_of_the_nbas_best_mid_range_shooters/12350761

Pass first guard - Grieves Vasques (10 assists per game)
How about 11 assists :P plus 14 points, 6 boards ;)
well only 53 attempts and when you have guys like Garnett and Pierce in your team you can get more open shots, because the other team puts more focus on them, i want to see how he handles being the number 1 option on offence.

i hope he does well though, and it will be interesting in a new offensive system.
kingkingston
Bootstudder

hoopsfans.net

« Reply #304 on: July 26, 2013, 10:50:16 AM »

Take of your Celtic glasses if your starting a team and your picking rondo than your a worse manager than Michael Jordan.

Curry is as good a passer but is the best shooter in the game obviously dorsnt have as many assists as he isntbpass first. Basically he is rondo and Allen combined.

Rose if he can get anywhere back to his normal form would make a comparison between him and rondo a joke. They are on completely different levels.

Injuries have held Irving back and still he is better than rondo.

Those 3 are all still getting better and have already surpased peak rondo.

Paul and parker are better no doubt don't even need to mount a case. Dwill is massively underrated and kg and pp will experience it first hand a point guard who can do more than just pass.

Wall as you know is a star he will pull his team into the playoffs,rondo will struggle as he needs stars to pass to.

on offence as far as shooting, Irving can't play defence to save himself, Rondo is better at running an offence, he is better at defence, he is a better rebounder.

Irving gets seen as a great point guard because he can score, but he doesn't make players around him better
RiOtChEsS
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #305 on: July 26, 2013, 10:55:12 AM »

Vasquez is a gem, i like the way he plays, pass first but can shoot when the defense sags off him, Pelicans were trying to draw more fans by dealing him i think, he did a great job last year running a young team, Sacramento should flourish with him at the helm
valkorum
Veteran Coach

FYFEY!!

« Reply #306 on: July 26, 2013, 10:58:03 AM »

Vasquez is a gem, i like the way he plays, pass first but can shoot when the defense sags off him, Pelicans were trying to draw more fans by dealing him i think, he did a great job last year running a young team, Sacramento should flourish with him at the helm

I agree - be good to have a guard at the Kings who knows how to pass.  Our entire guard roster has a shoot-first mentality.

kingkingston
Bootstudder

hoopsfans.net

« Reply #307 on: July 26, 2013, 11:00:18 AM »

he is a good solid point guard for sure, but the Kings will only flourish if DeMarcus Cousins grows up and reaches his potential
valkorum
Veteran Coach

FYFEY!!

« Reply #308 on: July 26, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »

he is a good solid point guard for sure, but the Kings will only flourish if DeMarcus Cousins grows up and reaches his potential

Gotta love the "no knowledge" comments regarding DMC.  He is 22 years old about to play his 4th season in the NBA - meaning he has been there since he was 18.  Of course he is immature, he is still a boy and has had to grow up in the limelight.  He does get a lot of techs but lets put some names next to his with big numbers of techs as well

17 -  DMC, Blake Griffin, Carmello
16 - Westbrook, JR Smith
15 - Perkins, Noah, Durant, D12, Tyson Chandler
14 - Kobe, Larry Sanders, David West

You dont see all of those players being labelled immature and needing to grow up.  Over-sensationalism at its best when they feel it will sell.

Other notables:
11 - Matt Barnes, DeAndre Jordan (notable because that makes 4 of the top 20 from the Clippers)
10 - LeBron, CP3

Team Totals:
Clippers - 64
Knicks - 61
OKC - 59
Bulls - 55
Pacers - 48
kingkingston
Bootstudder

hoopsfans.net

« Reply #309 on: July 26, 2013, 11:43:54 AM »

Gotta love the "no knowledge" comments regarding DMC.  He is 22 years old about to play his 4th season in the NBA - meaning he has been there since he was 18.  Of course he is immature, he is still a boy and has had to grow up in the limelight.  He does get a lot of techs but lets put some names next to his with big numbers of techs as well

17 -  DMC, Blake Griffin, Carmello
16 - Westbrook, JR Smith
15 - Perkins, Noah, Durant, D12, Tyson Chandler
14 - Kobe, Larry Sanders, David West

You dont see all of those players being labelled immature and needing to grow up.  Over-sensationalism at its best when they feel it will sell.

Other notables:
11 - Matt Barnes, DeAndre Jordan (notable because that makes 4 of the top 20 from the Clippers)
10 - LeBron, CP3

Team Totals:
Clippers - 64
Knicks - 61
OKC - 59
Bulls - 55
Pacers - 48

immaturity isn't just on the court, he has been a locker room cancer that hasn't got along with coaches, this is the part where he needs to grow up.

so don't talk about the  "no knowledge" especially to a guy who has followed the NBA since 95
RiOtChEsS
Seasoned Coach

« Reply #310 on: July 26, 2013, 11:56:13 AM »

I think Vasquez will bring that no nonsense leadership to Sacto and his game will gel with DmC imo, its hard to be a consistent big man when the ball is being handled by different players consistently, all of which as Valk says r "shoot first" guards, they had John Salmons handling for big stretches last year :o Vasquez will feed the big fella in the spots he likes, he will feel like the focal point of the offense and with any luck that will help him leave the past behind
valkorum
Veteran Coach

FYFEY!!

« Reply #311 on: July 26, 2013, 11:59:31 AM »

You can really call our last 2 coachs "Coaches"

Paul Westphal
Keith Smart

Both had no idea how to run a team and how to maintain a locker room.  Also think about any 18-20yo trying to addapt from a winning team in college (Kentucky) to a losing team in the NBA with owners who didnt have a clue how to run the team (apart from in to the ground).

All of that doesnt help but that never gets reported.  Cousins has been saying since he was drafted that he doesnt like losing and and that doesnt help his attitude but he has been working on it.  No one gave him praise for his efforts last year with regard to this.  He has this "Stigma" now that everyone just rattles off when they talk about him.  If he was a cancer he wouldnt have been invited back to the USA select team.

Just because you have followed NBA since 1995 doesnt mean you know more than anyone else.  For the record, I have been following NBA a lot longer than that.
kingkingston
Bootstudder

hoopsfans.net

« Reply #312 on: July 26, 2013, 12:09:49 PM »

You can really call our last 2 coachs "Coaches"

Paul Westphal
Keith Smart

Both had no idea how to run a team and how to maintain a locker room.  Also think about any 18-20yo trying to addapt from a winning team in college (Kentucky) to a losing team in the NBA with owners who didnt have a clue how to run the team (apart from in to the ground).

All of that doesnt help but that never gets reported.  Cousins has been saying since he was drafted that he doesnt like losing and and that doesnt help his attitude but he has been working on it.  No one gave him praise for his efforts last year with regard to this.  He has this "Stigma" now that everyone just rattles off when they talk about him.  If he was a cancer he wouldnt have been invited back to the USA select team.

Just because you have followed NBA since 1995 doesnt mean you know more than anyone else.  For the record, I have been following NBA a lot longer than that.

Paul Westpaul is a very good coach, some coaches just can't help some systems develop, why did the Kings keep drafting big men.

and yes i agree the Kings had bad owners.

Time Cousins became the best centre in the game, which i believe he has the skills to be

being a cancer on a team, doesn't mean you don't get invites to things like Team USA, anyone with great talent will be invited to team USA
Jay
2019 AXV Premier
Veteran Coach

2018 SC Overall Rank: 55th

« Reply #313 on: July 26, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »

DMC is a cry baby, has potential though - think he will be a top 3 big man. Dont forget about Bynum now though. Knees are all good and ready to contribute in Cleveland. Keep in mind this is the guy that many were saying is the best C in the game

Take of your Celtic glasses if your starting a team and your picking rondo than your a worse manager than Michael Jordan.

Curry is as good a passer but is the best shooter in the game obviously dorsnt have as many assists as he isntbpass first. Basically he is rondo and Allen combined.

Rose if he can get anywhere back to his normal form would make a comparison between him and rondo a joke. They are on completely different levels.

Injuries have held Irving back and still he is better than rondo.

Those 3 are all still getting better and have already surpased peak rondo.

Paul and parker are better no doubt don't even need to mount a case. Dwill is massively underrated and kg and pp will experience it first hand a point guard who can do more than just pass.

Wall as you know is a star he will pull his team into the playoffs,rondo will struggle as he needs stars to pass to.

on offence as far as shooting, Irving can't play defence to save himself, Rondo is better at running an offence, he is better at defence, he is a better rebounder.

Irving gets seen as a great point guard because he can score, but he doesn't make players around him better
This! More to the game than scoring Holz... Lebron is a better player than KD but is he a better scorer? No! Scoring =/= how good a player is! Sure Irving can score easier but every other attribute, Rondo does better!

Valk, stats lie! Those stats dont show the leadership Rondo displays on the court, hustle and knowledge of running plays etc.

Keep in mind Rondo will have his best ever season this one, lets see if you guys are still saying Rondo cant score at end of season. I see him going 17ppg this season while keeping double digit assists and pulling down 5-6 boards.
Jay
2019 AXV Premier
Veteran Coach

2018 SC Overall Rank: 55th

« Reply #314 on: July 27, 2013, 01:20:33 PM »

R.I.P Reggie Lewis - 20 years ago today. Celtics Nation dont forget its kids! :)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines