FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  Association football (soccer) (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo, PowerBug)
| | |-+  Hyundai A-League 2013/14
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hyundai A-League 2013/14  (Read 15074 times)
Luigi197
Hardened Coach

Melbourne City FC

« on: June 27, 2013, 05:02:30 PM »

I love my A-League, no doubts about it. So I just thought i'd start up a thread with only 100 odd days to go until the season starts!

Overseas departures this season include Rojas, Halloran, Antonis, Ryan, Ibini Sei, Colosimo and Mcbreen (loan), while Sainsbury, Bozanic, Milligan and Thwaite are not short of interest!
Meanwhile, Heart have signed Kewell, Murdocca, Wielaert (34 y.o Dutch defender), and Ramsay. Victory have signed Nichols and are looking at Spiranovic (AUS defender) and Karagounis (Greek legend). Sydney have signed Bojic, Carle and Jurman. Brisbane signed Miller and CCM signed Simon (he's back). Zwaanswijk has retired. Meanwhile rumours have gone around that Ambrosini (AC Milan and Italy legend) could be coming to the A-League, with Perth highly interested.

Coaching changes have Ernie Merrick (former Victory coach) to now coach Wellington. Josep Gombau (former Barcelona youth coach) to coach Adelaide. and Rado Vidosic (former Brisbane coach) is now an Assistant at Sydney.
Jukes
Veteran Coach

rosetta stone...

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 06:10:56 PM »

I'm starting to doubt that I'll renew my glory membership; we've lost Miller and Heffernan already and haven't signed anything good, have no ambition. We were flowering grand finallists season before last and almost won, but now we seem to be content with playing for a finals spot. And the atmosphere is being ruined by the bandwagoners down front who think they're bigger than the shed.
elephants
Master Coach

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 05:16:35 PM »

Is it even transfer window yet? Isn't that in July/August?
Luigi197
Hardened Coach

Melbourne City FC

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 11:11:54 PM »

I'm starting to doubt that I'll renew my glory membership; we've lost Miller and Heffernan already and haven't signed anything good, have no ambition. We were flowering grand finallists season before last and almost won, but now we seem to be content with playing for a finals spot. And the atmosphere is being ruined by the bandwagoners down front who think they're bigger than the shed.

Not even if you signed Ambrosini? ;)

And honestly, idk how that all works LE; different countries, different season timing; all these transfers being confirmed and made when the window we thought was closed.. :/
My Chumps
Experienced Coach

Please God show me the way

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 07:39:21 PM »

Melbourne Victory signed Mitch Nichols a while back just so everyone knows. Pretty stoked about the signing to be honest!
elephants
Master Coach

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 09:02:47 PM »

Melbourne Victory signed Mitch Nichols a while back just so everyone knows. Pretty stoked about the signing to be honest!

Wow, great signing!

And honestly, idk how that all works LE; different countries, different season timing; all these transfers being confirmed and made when the window we thought was closed.. :/

Yeah I know right haha, so hard to keep a track of!
strikes91
Coach

Wizard

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 09:53:27 PM »

isn't it funny that miller signed with brisbane
Hawka
Seasoned Coach

It's Toff's Boyyy

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 03:13:07 PM »

UNNNIIIIITTTTTTEEEED,
So keen for the new season to start,

Ive recently started a Adelaide Victorian supporter group, theres a few of us who go into the city and watch games and i love to have more people joining in even though its unlikely that theres anyone on here, if you know of someone who goesd for united in Melb or if your ever in Melbourne send me a PM :)
Luigi197
Hardened Coach

Melbourne City FC

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »

Kewell has touched down in Melbourne! ;D

So keen I swear!
elephants
Master Coach

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 02:50:21 PM »

Good news 8)

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/sport/17831735/glory-sign-young-gun-maclaren/
Hawka
Seasoned Coach

It's Toff's Boyyy

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 12:27:10 PM »

Like Everton, Adelaide are late to the party in signings :/ but i know they will come :)
Luigi197
Hardened Coach

Melbourne City FC

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 12:01:11 PM »

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/07/06/football-has-had-a-facelift-now-time-for-some-implants/

Very interesting article!!!!
Hawka
Seasoned Coach

It's Toff's Boyyy

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 01:51:26 PM »

United to announce a signing at 5!! (430 SA time)
tbagrocks
Veteran Coach

Sloany = Real Man - Dangerfield = Mummys boy

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 02:30:18 PM »

Am quite excited about the AU coming up! Also I have Fox so can watch them now ::)

Only went to two games last year + an Asian final, Hopefully we can play consistantly
Popey99
Bootstudder

Fantasy coach

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 04:51:41 PM »

This is no doubt bigger than ADP...

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2013/07/08/4101653/victory-linked-with-miccoli-swoop

Massive for Victory and the A-League, ADP, Heskey and Fabrizio Miccoli... Who would have thought 3 years ago?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines