FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  FanFooty
| |-+  Archives
| | |-+  Supercoach Archive
| | | |-+  2013 SC Player Archive
| | | | |-+  Lessons learned
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lessons learned  (Read 4304 times)
m1tch robo
Property Steward

114th in SC, 7,372 in DT after Round 5

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 10:40:31 PM »

never pick up a cheap premo if he's cheap because of form and not an injury effected score.....they lost value for a reason!

+1 amen to that mate
Grazz
Chat/forum mods
Master Coach

Who Has The Nuts Wins!!

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 10:40:48 PM »

Biggest lesson learnt is do not plan for the byes let them take care of themselves because injuries and restings will flower any planning.

My sentiments exactly.

It is funny that you gents say that as there are few's opinion respected more. I feel lady luck plays a major factor in the bye rounds, as there isn't a 60-70 on the bench to fall back on, you go all the way down to a donut, which hurts you more. I think there's real value in planning for the bye rounds, but we need to remember we're at the mercy of lady luck.

A few on this site planned really well and had lady luck on their side, their rankings improved enormously. I think from memory your plan was almost flawless Ringo, but bad luck owned you during these rounds.

I think there's a danger though in trading in certain players just because of a bye strategy. The byes should be a consideration but quality and value for mine are as important, if not more so...
I think my team is a real testiment to how much luck plays a part in this.

Had absolutely no plan for the byes and had a shocker of a start to the season. All of a sudden, bye weeks come and go and I went from 62k after Round 10 to 19k after Round 13.

Same here dropped in rank each week of the byes. More luck than good management. I'll do the same next year as i did this year build the team i want while keeping the byes in mind and hope lady luck is with me again. Gotta have that luck factor.
Ringo
Chat/forum mods
Coaching Legend

2014 RDT Elxam m0nty medalist

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 05:39:53 AM »

Biggest lesson learnt is do not plan for the byes let them take care of themselves because injuries and restings will flower any planning.

My sentiments exactly.
ght.
It is funny that you gents say that as there are few's opinion respected more. I feel lady luck plays a major factor in the bye rounds, as there isn't a 60-70 on the bench to fall back on, you go all the way down to a donut, which hurts you more. I think there's real value in planning for the bye rounds, but we need to remember we're at the mercy of lady luck.

A few on this site planned really well and had lady luck on their side, their rankings improved enormously. I think from memory your plan was almost flawless Ringo, but bad luck owned you during these rounds.

I think there's a danger though in trading in certain players just because of a bye strategy. The byes should be a consideration but quality and value for mine are as important, if not more so...
I think my team is a real testiment to how much luck plays a part in this.

Had absolutely no plan for the byes and had a shocker of a start to the season. All of a sudden, bye weeks come and go and I went from 62k after Round 10 to 19k after Round 13.

Same here dropped in rank each week of the byes. More luck than good management. I'll do the same next year as i did this year build the team i want while keeping the byes in mind and hope lady luck is with me again. Gotta have that luck factor.
I too went up in rankings for the byes - But what I am saying spent ages working out the bye plans suppossedly with 2 donuts for the byes and ended up with 8. So I am saying you can over compliacte the issue for very little gain.
Cruiseon
Seasoned Coach

If you only remember one thing, remember this.

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 10:50:55 AM »

Do we expect the same bye structure next year?
Ringo
Chat/forum mods
Coaching Legend

2014 RDT Elxam m0nty medalist

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 01:47:43 PM »

Do we expect the same bye structure next year?
Will not know until draw released in October but suspect it will be similar.
Shihan7
Forward Coach

Assistant Coach of the Bangladesh Bears

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 04:34:13 PM »

the main lesson learned this year (and it seems like at the end of every year ppl have this epiphany): SAVE YOUR TRADES.
+1
Footyrulz
Experienced Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 03:36:37 PM »

Pick up rookie priced bargains- not having clarke killed me
Check your team carefully- i once picked 2 emergencies which cost me a donut!
Dont pick injury prone premiums- Fyfe and Mummy killed me
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 04:54:16 PM »

Don't plan for the byes at the start of the season. - I did it this year thinking it would be a smart move. Didn't really do me any favours.
Don't make stupid sideways trades. - Again, I did this, and then regretted them shortly thereafter.
Allow room for building. - I think I tried to make the best team I could in Round 1 which wasn't a great idea. As a 4th year coach, you'd think I would have learned that by now.
Jay
2019 AXV Premier
Veteran Coach

2018 SC Overall Rank: 55th

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 09:00:11 AM »

1. I'm not sure if it will be the same next year but never take the 'C' off Ablett - more often than not doesn't work out wel...should've learned this ages ago

2. Don't get premo's that are cheap because of form eg. NDS, Cloke......premo's that are cheap because of 1 injury affected game eg. Priddis are ok

3. Take risks in starting team having a 'cookie-cutter' team limits the fun

4. Only go on supercoach on Friday nights once final teams are out - it's way too easy to spend unnecessary hours during the week
Ricochet
2019 WXV Premier
Coaching Legend

Dublin are pie

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 12:43:58 PM »

gonne give SC a crack this year for the first time  :)
will be taking all this on board
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines