FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  AFL fantasy competitions
| |-+  XVs Competitions
| | |-+  World XVs (Moderators: Purple 77, Nige, ossie85)
| | | |-+  WXV Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 306 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WXV Discussion  (Read 107705 times)
roo boys!
Master Coach

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 04:16:12 PM »

I'm not sure about the points minimum Oz, like I know where you're comin from as it will fast-track improvement, but Beijing is gonna be hit by a bunch of retirements at EOS so I'm worried we will struggle to being it up enough.

The picks we will get in return for the retirees will be too late to attract much attention I'd say... :-X

Fair call Toga, its mostly stopping people from trading away all there players from picks (like happened a lot last year).

How about this as a slight adjustment?

Anyone who has less than 24,000 points can't do any trade that decreases there total points? (So Beijing can't trade a player for a pick, they would have to trade a pick for a player or a player for a better player/s).
How about they can't go down overall in the draft period, can do a trade to go down in total points so long as they make those points up via another trade.

Often a deal comes along so good you have to take it, and can then offload different picks for players to boost the cap back up again.

ie New Delhi has to finish the trade period at 21,231 or more, Beijing 19,565.

How they get there is their business, if they want to start the period by trading for pick 5 in the draft and giving away senior players that's their choice, so long as they get some different players back in later to make up for this differential.

If they're under their starting cap when the trading period ends, consequences will apply.
Maca24
Seasoned Coach

2016 SC Rank: 797

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 07:38:15 PM »

I'm not sure about the points minimum Oz, like I know where you're comin from as it will fast-track improvement, but Beijing is gonna be hit by a bunch of retirements at EOS so I'm worried we will struggle to being it up enough.

The picks we will get in return for the retirees will be too late to attract much attention I'd say... :-X

Fair call Toga, its mostly stopping people from trading away all there players from picks (like happened a lot last year).

Anyone who has less than 24,000 points can't do any trade that decreases there total points? (So Beijing can't trade a player for a pick, they would have to trade a pick for a player or a player for a better player/s).
How about they can't go down overall in the draft period, can do a trade to go down in total points so long as they make those points up via another trade.

Often a deal comes along so good you have to take it, and can then offload different picks for players to boost the cap back up again.

ie New Delhi has to finish the trade period at 21,231 or more, Beijing 19,565.

How they get there is their business, if they want to start the period by trading for pick 5 in the draft and giving away senior players that's their choice, so long as they get some different players back in later to make up for this differential.

If they're under their starting cap when the trading period ends, consequences will apply.
I agree with RB. This is how it should be to allow them to have full control of their trading :)
Nails
Seasoned Coach

You have exceeded the limit of 20 personal message

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 07:42:49 PM »

Failure to get above the cap = sacking  ;D ;D
Holz
2016 EXV Premier
Master Coach

Dublin "Pride In Excellence"

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 07:49:51 PM »

Failure to get above the cap = sacking  ;D ;D

I wouldn't say that you could be in trouble when your guys retire
Nails
Seasoned Coach

You have exceeded the limit of 20 personal message

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 07:54:33 PM »

Well it'd be my fault for letting it deteriorate to such a point, so surely some form of banishment should be brought down upon me...

That said I'm here for a Kevin Sheedy length appearance if possible.
Toga
Veteran Coach

Petrekt

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 12:50:10 AM »

That's why you cough up an earlier pick for a good player. ;D

Doesn't really relate to what I'm saying TBH... Won't stop players retiring.

Yep, I like this! Although RB's model is appealing too...
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 10:31:03 AM »

That's why you cough up an earlier pick for a good player. ;D

Doesn't really relate to what I'm saying TBH... Won't stop players retiring.

Hahaha I know buddy, I was just messin'.  :P
Toga
Veteran Coach

Petrekt

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 02:13:14 PM »

You better be Nige! ;)
elephants
2016 AXVIII SC Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 11:40:09 PM »

Hey fellas, I'm sure its been addressed somewhere but can someone please give me a date for Trade Period kicking off? Is it after the Granny? Cheers lads 8)
Purple 77
Seasoned Coach

Oh, my.

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 08:10:24 AM »

Hey fellas, I'm sure its been addressed somewhere but can someone please give me a date for Trade Period kicking off? Is it after the Granny? Cheers lads 8)

Yup. As the minute hand ticks past midnight on the GF sunday night  ;)
elephants
2016 AXVIII SC Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 10:16:15 AM »

Yup. As the minute hand ticks past midnight on the GF sunday night  ;)

Ahh fantastic ;D Couldn't be keener :D
kilbluff1985
Master Coach

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 10:43:53 AM »

Assuming you mean WXV's Granny not the AFL's ??

As usual sorry if dumb question
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 10:44:42 AM »

Assuming you mean WXV's Granny not the AFL's ??

As usual sorry if dumb question

You would be correct in your assumption.  ;)
elephants
2016 AXVIII SC Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 10:52:11 AM »

Yeah ^ so really after round 23 ;)

Lucky for Eagles fans like myself we won't have anything to worry about after then haha :P
maximus
Bootstudder

Assistant at New York and Manchester Magic

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 05:17:26 PM »

I am now the assistant at Pacific islanders ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 306 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines