FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  Other sports (Moderators: valkorum, Holz, LF, LaHug, Ringo, PowerBug)
| | |-+  Top 10 Greatest NBA Players of all-time
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Top 10 Greatest NBA Players of all-time  (Read 9610 times)
Jay
2019 AXV Premier
Veteran Coach

2018 SC Overall Rank: 55th

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 10:44:47 AM »

Valk has a good point, although Kobe would've got no rings with Pau if KG didn't get injured in '09 and Perkins had been fit for game 7 of the 2010 finals :P

LeBron teamed up with 2 perennial all-stars and even then his championships have been full of controversy... Refs gifted him the conference finals over Boston (Wade fouled Rondo game 2, no call) and then last years finals were complete bs (Manu getting fouled by Ray, no call). Lebron could easily still be ringless :o

I have Lebron top 10, but I dont think he'll finish his career top 5. Heck, I'm not even sure he'll get another ring :o

Russell is better than Jordan. 11>6
Not saying I agree with that argument, it's just the one that most Kobe fans use...
Master Q
Chris Connolly
Veteran Coach

All I Do Is Win

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 11:17:13 AM »

Wow I'm harsh on LeBron but I definitely think he is Top 5. And you never know what he could've done in the past 3 seasons with Cleveland/another team.

And don't play down Kobe's Lakers. They had guys near the level of Wade today.
Windigo
Master Coach

Awaiting The Return Of #24

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 11:44:58 AM »

The level of LBJ fan boyness is too damn high.  :P
tbagrocks
Veteran Coach

Sloany = Real Man - Dangerfield = Mummys boy

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 05:53:55 PM »

Here's what am sure you all been waiting for! The Bags top 10 ;D

1. Micheal Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Majic Johnson
4. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Lebron James
6. Bill Russell
7. Larry Bird
8. Kobe Bryant
9. Karl Malone
10. Charles Barkley
Andrew3737
Assistant Coach

Respect My Authoritahh

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2014, 06:01:38 PM »

I'm a Celtics fan.

How can Kobe be higher than LeBron?

I think most people know my hatred of both Kobe and LBJ - but Kobe is clearly ahead of LBJ

what.

You heard me - KOBE IS CLEARLY AHEAD OF LBJ

Kobe carried his team to 2 championships (and worked with Shaq for 3).  LBJ hasn't carried his team to a championship - he had to team up with D-Wade and Bosh to get championships.

This isn;t even true.

Gasol was robbed of the finals MVP one year. "worked with shaq" is a load of shower. Shaq was the only reason why they won 3. LeBron carried literately the worst NBA team to the finals, and conference finals and playoffs 3 times. Look at what K-Love is doing. He has a horrible side, not the worst, but can't even make the playoffs. LeBron took the worst side in the NBA and took it deep every time.

Don't even mention Bosh. He is horrible. Wade has declined so much that this is LeBron's team. Did you not see any of the playoffs? Game 6 and 7 vs Spurs, Conf finals.  He carried his team.
Jay
2019 AXV Premier
Veteran Coach

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2014, 06:14:19 PM »

Here's what am sure you all been waiting for! The Bags top 10 ;D

1. Micheal Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Majic Johnson
4. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Lebron James
6. Bill Russell
7. Larry Bird
8. Kobe Bryant
9. Karl Malone
10. Charles Barkley
A few players from the 90s there ;) no Shaq :o
Jay
2019 AXV Premier
Veteran Coach

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2014, 06:32:25 PM »

I'm a Celtics fan.

How can Kobe be higher than LeBron?

I think most people know my hatred of both Kobe and LBJ - but Kobe is clearly ahead of LBJ

what.

You heard me - KOBE IS CLEARLY AHEAD OF LBJ

Kobe carried his team to 2 championships (and worked with Shaq for 3).  LBJ hasn't carried his team to a championship - he had to team up with D-Wade and Bosh to get championships.

This isn;t even true.

Gasol was robbed of the finals MVP one year. "worked with shaq" is a load of shower. Shaq was the only reason why they won 3. LeBron carried literately the worst NBA team to the finals, and conference finals and playoffs 3 times. Look at what K-Love is doing. He has a horrible side, not the worst, but can't even make the playoffs. LeBron took the worst side in the NBA and took it deep every time.

Don't even mention Bosh. He is horrible. Wade has declined so much that this is LeBron's team. Did you not see any of the playoffs? Game 6 and 7 vs Spurs, Conf finals.  He carried his team.
Bushower imo. Gasol was not "robbed" of anything... "Robbed" is Larry Bird not getting finals mvp in his first championship. Kobe had a better PER than Pau in both the playoffs of the '09 '10 championships. ::) Kobe deserved it in '09 and either Pau or Kobe were deserving in '10, no one was robbed.

Shaq was the main reason LA did their threepeat but its stupid to say Kobe didnt play a major part. Averaged 21, 29 and 27 ppg over the playoffs of those 3 seasons. While pulling in about 6 rebounds and dishing out about 5 assists per night over those 3 years... Putting up those numbers as the #2 option on a threepeat team is very impressive! I think Kobe and Shaq are the best duo.of all-time, they both needee each other to succeed.

Lebron had some help on those Cleveland teams. Boozer, Varejao, Shaq, Jamison, Mo Williams, Delonte West and Big Z were all there at different stages... Dont forget he got swept in his first finals and choked away his first finals series in Miami... Also came up very small in some series', particularly vs Boston! No one ever compared Love to Lebron? ???

Bosh is a very good player, was a beast prior to leaving Toronto and now finds himself as the #3 option... I think Bosh has done quite well! D-Wade pulled Lebron out of some big holes in their first couple of years, pity his knee is screwed now :-\
Andrew3737
Assistant Coach

Respect My Authoritahh

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2014, 06:45:50 PM »

Klolwut.......

Kobe's PER is slightly higher, but look at everything else. WS, EFG, TS, ORTG, DRTG. Gasol should've won the finals MVP. Didn't say anything about Kobe not playing a major part. You could've put any decent player in with Shaq @ that time and it would've been the same result. Which is my exact point. It wasn't Kobe that made the difference.

Really? LeBron had some help? Shaq was 38, Big Z was injured every 2nd game,  Varejo was decent but he is a bench player on any contender team and how can you even mention West and Williams? West you should know barely played @ Celtics and Mo Williams is a terrible PG. He is a decent scorer but thats about it.

Got swept in his first finals? MJ got swept 3 times. In a row. In his first 3 playoff appearances.

Bosh was a beast on a terrible team. What a surprise...
Jay
2019 AXV Premier
Veteran Coach

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2014, 07:37:05 PM »

You do realise PER accounts for basically everything (although I still maintain it doesn't reflect defense much at all)? It's 50/50 IMO for that 2010 finals MVP, Kobe was the #1 option for that team all season, he deserved the award and got it. There's nothing more to discuss! It's 60/40 Shaq's way in terms of contributing to the threepeat IMO. You could say that any decent player + Shaq gets a threepeat, but you don't know that. Maybe Kobe and Shaq complemented each other perfectly... Look what happened the year after, you bring The Glove and Malone into the lineup and it flowers you up. Kobe and Shaq was perfect.

Shaq still provided a big body and had some offensive moves. Big Z had injury troubles, but he was still efective spacing the floor. Varejao was not bad at all. West didnt fit in Boston but was good at Cleveland, him and Mo got all-star iirc and Mo is still a solid scorer nowadays. Just sayin' that if LeBrick is a top 5 player of all-time, he shouldve at least won 1 NBA Finals game with that supporting cast, I'm sure Jordan would have...

Lol, MJ came up against the Bad Boy Pistons... No team LeBron has come up against are better than them. Dirk's Mavs are you kidding me? MJ would've swept them... MJ never lost a finals series, Lebron has already lost 2. It's just crazy you think Bron is on pace to be GOAT ::)

Bosh is still a very effective player, one of the best mid-range shooters in the league. You've seen what he can do when he actually gets some of the ball!
Windigo
Master Coach

Awaiting The Return Of #24

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2014, 07:41:46 PM »

Bosh's talents are being "suppressed" now in the time he has been in Miami IMO.

Better player when he is the main offensive weapon like in the Toronto days.  :'(
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2014, 07:45:52 PM »

1. Michael Jordan
2. Shaq
3. Jason Kidd

The rest idk.  :P
Andrew3737
Assistant Coach

Respect My Authoritahh

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2014, 02:22:10 AM »

You do realise PER accounts for basically everything (although I still maintain it doesn't reflect defense much at all)? It's 50/50 IMO for that 2010 finals MVP, Kobe was the #1 option for that team all season, he deserved the award and got it. There's nothing more to discuss! It's 60/40 Shaq's way in terms of contributing to the threepeat IMO. You could say that any decent player + Shaq gets a threepeat, but you don't know that. Maybe Kobe and Shaq complemented each other perfectly... Look what happened the year after, you bring The Glove and Malone into the lineup and it flowers you up. Kobe and Shaq was perfect.

Shaq still provided a big body and had some offensive moves. Big Z had injury troubles, but he was still efective spacing the floor. Varejao was not bad at all. West didnt fit in Boston but was good at Cleveland, him and Mo got all-star iirc and Mo is still a solid scorer nowadays. Just sayin' that if LeBrick is a top 5 player of all-time, he shouldve at least won 1 NBA Finals game with that supporting cast, I'm sure Jordan would have...

Lol, MJ came up against the Bad Boy Pistons... No team LeBron has come up against are better than them. Dirk's Mavs are you kidding me? MJ would've swept them... MJ never lost a finals series, Lebron has already lost 2. It's just crazy you think Bron is on pace to be GOAT ::)

Bosh is still a very effective player, one of the best mid-range shooters in the league. You've seen what he can do when he actually gets some of the ball!

Being a huge stats guy, esp in NBA, I ofcourse know what PER is. However PER isn't everything, while it is the most important advanced stat out there, if other things are going in the favour of player A, but player B has a higher PER, player A is prob the better player or better season.

60/40 Shaq? Really?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/onealsh01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01.html

the 2nd of the 3 peat, is the only one where he played to the calibre of an elite player.

One thing I would love to mention. Kobe's best ever season, is when the lakers never made the playoffs. He was by himself and had his best season by far, yet his Lakers never made the playoffs. LBJ's 4th best season, took the worst NBA team to the finals. Just a quick comparison ( I know you aren't making anything for Kobe vs LBJ, just thought it was an interesting point)

Getting all star means jack, when Iverson can get an all star without even playing a game. Credibility goes down the window. Massive difference between a solid scorer and a solid PG, which is his position.

As for Bosh. If he is the main offensive weapon, then your team isn't very good. He was the main offensive and best player for a bottom 5 team. Now he is a squad player in  a top 5 team. Thats just what player he is. You can't escape that. He is a standard player for a Championship side, and excels in a bad team, just like every other player that starts in a championship side would.
Master Q
Chris Connolly
Veteran Coach

All I Do Is Win

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2014, 05:14:59 PM »

I'm with Andrew.

Not to mention the fact Kobe has won 1 MVP. And you can't use the 90s excuse because he drafted in 96 or something. LeBron already has 4 at 29 while Kobe won his first at 30.
Jay
2019 AXV Premier
Veteran Coach

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2014, 07:54:50 PM »

Kobe's prime clashed with Garnett, Duncan, Nash and Dirk. No one was there to really challenge Lebron for MVP imo :-X

Yeah yeah, LeBron makes his team-mates better than Kobe does but when they were both on their own, Kobe and Bron never won a title. Maybe if Lebron had a bit more Kobe mentality he wouldnt lost the finals to Dallas?

Kobe is the closest we have seen to MJ so deserves some respect... No one said he was better than LeBron ::) 5 rings speak for themselves... I dont think Bron will reach that.
Andrew3737
Assistant Coach

Respect My Authoritahh

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »

Well lets put this to the test. Even if, lets say LeBron was up against Duncan, Garnett, Nash, Dirk and Bryant all in their primes, would he still be the best player?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=nowitdi01&y1=2007&p2=bryanko01&y2=2006&p3=nashst01&y3=2007&p4=garneke01&y4=2004&p5=jamesle01&y5=2013

All their best seasons. LBJ's is still the best. His 2nd, 3rd and 4th best seasons, are still ahead of them. Just shows how elite LBJ is and how haters need to step down and actually look at the raw stats.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines