FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL
| | |-+  Melbourne (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | | |-+  Melbourne Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Melbourne Discussion  (Read 93333 times)
Purple 77
Seasoned Coach

He's dead

« Reply #1875 on: July 21, 2018, 09:52:41 PM »

I still haven't quite gotten over Round 23 of last year. I reckon - at best - the Dees only won about 80% of me back after 6 impressive wins.

If we don't make finals this year - and I said this a few weeks ago, so don't think this comment is born from rawness - I'm actually done. I actually don't think I can support the Demons anymore. Round 23 last year was such a devastating hit to me, and I haven't really been the same since, with the Demons and AFL in general.

After the universe conspired (not umpires btw) against us to lose that Geelong game, finals looks so, so hard to reach now.

If it doesn't happen in 2018, that's it from me. And I genuinely mean it.
Big Mac
Veteran Coach

SC 2016 - 1445th - 2015 - 151st - 2014 - 41st

« Reply #1876 on: July 21, 2018, 11:25:23 PM »

I know the feeling purps

Losses are a lot tougher for us, other clubs already have credits in the bank with their supporters but ours has just been making withdrawals for years.

Finals really are a must this year
Big Mac
Veteran Coach

« Reply #1877 on: October 01, 2018, 05:57:10 PM »

Could be time to change the DP soon  :-X
Purple 77
Seasoned Coach

He's dead

« Reply #1878 on: October 02, 2018, 12:35:44 PM »

:'(

I still live in hope.

At least the compensation will be high and exciting. For gods sake though I hope we don't fork over a top 10 draft pick for May.
Ricochet
Coaching Legend

Dublin are pie

« Reply #1879 on: October 03, 2018, 03:22:43 PM »

Could be time to change the DP soon  :-X
Might be time for me to change up as well :P
Gigantor
Veteran Coach

« Reply #1880 on: November 16, 2018, 10:37:28 AM »

So I got a new job at work and this guys is one of my managers :)

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2013-03-22/hall-of-fame-alan-johnson

Purple 77
Seasoned Coach

He's dead

« Reply #1881 on: November 16, 2018, 09:29:09 PM »

So I got a new job at work and this guys is one of my managers :)

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2013-03-22/hall-of-fame-alan-johnson

Well that's pretty awesome!
elephants
2018 EXV Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #1882 on: March 19, 2019, 09:03:32 PM »

Lads, interested to know thoughts on Aaron Vandenbergs role this year?

The Dees clearly love him, as he returned from injury to play the last 4 games of last season, then the preceding finals series. Didn't play JLT1 but played JLT2 in a role that had him laying a whopping 16 tackles :o

Does this continue once Jones and Viney are back to full fitness? What actually is his role going to be do we think?
Big Mac
Veteran Coach

« Reply #1883 on: March 19, 2019, 09:33:05 PM »

The Dees clearly love him, as he returned from injury to play the last 4 games of last season, then the preceding finals series. Didn't play JLT1 but played JLT2 in a role that had him laying a whopping 16 tackles :o

Does this continue once Jones and Viney are back to full fitness? What actually is his role going to be do we think?

Mainly forward pocket, rotating onto a flank i'd say. He's a strong mark, has a big physical presence and hopefully he can use his tackling to keep the ball i50. Don't think there's much room for him in the mids, but he will get the occasional stint in there when they want a different dynamic.
elephants
2018 EXV Premier
Master Coach

« Reply #1884 on: March 19, 2019, 09:51:27 PM »

Mainly forward pocket, rotating onto a flank i'd say. He's a strong mark, has a big physical presence and hopefully he can use his tackling to keep the ball i50. Don't think there's much room for him in the mids, but he will get the occasional stint in there when they want a different dynamic.

Love it, seems very fair. The midfield is a little crowded, particularly with all those inside types.

Neal-Bullen? More of the same? Wing to HFF as that outside link man? Erratic fantasy scorer but that probably comes with the role doesn't it
Big Mac
Veteran Coach

« Reply #1885 on: March 20, 2019, 10:24:14 AM »

Love it, seems very fair. The midfield is a little crowded, particularly with all those inside types.

Neal-Bullen? More of the same? Wing to HFF as that outside link man? Erratic fantasy scorer but that probably comes with the role doesn't it

Yeah he’s got a pretty interesting role which seems to be just apply pressure all over the forward half of the ground and get involved where he can. Covers the most ground of anyone in the side (14-15km per game) and i’m pretty sure he leads us for pressure acts and is right up there for score involvements and also goals. Very underrated player
Purple 77
Seasoned Coach

He's dead

« Reply #1886 on: March 20, 2019, 08:00:27 PM »

BM hits the nail on both players.
SilverLion
Seasoned Coach

'17 SC Rank - 2827, '18 - 4108

« Reply #1887 on: July 25, 2019, 11:05:46 PM »

What the actual flower happened to the Dees this year?
Purple 77
Seasoned Coach

He's dead

« Reply #1888 on: July 26, 2019, 06:50:12 AM »

What the actual flower happened to the Dees this year?

14 post-season surgeries
Consistent niggling injuries to key players throughout the year
And a mental resignation from coaches and players that those two things explain all our problems

The fun part will be watching it happen again next year, because the Dees think it's all going to happen once we get a clear run at it
JBs-Hawks
Seasoned Coach

Forever 63 Not Out

« Reply #1889 on: July 26, 2019, 07:45:44 AM »

Losing Hogan hurts too. Forwards like that dont grow on trees.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines