FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  AFL fantasy competitions
| |-+  XVs Competitions
| | |-+  British XVs
| | | |-+  BXV Archives
| | | | |-+  2015 (Moderators: Ringo, GoLions)
| | | | | |-+  Draft and Mini Trade for Relinquished Teams Players.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Draft and Mini Trade for Relinquished Teams Players.  (Read 5871 times)
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 01:52:55 PM »

Damn, ended up with the second last pick in the second round.  :(

Should still get somebody of value and I don't think I'll trade the pick, was just hoping for one a bit earlier.
SydneyRox
Veteran Coach

GOT Pillow Talk

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 03:53:58 PM »

Ready to pick now..... :P
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 03:54:33 PM »

Ready to pick now..... :P
Justin Bieber
Guest Coach
Bootstudder

Leader of the Canadian Beliebers

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 04:06:25 PM »

Your problem Lez if you did not read the options properly prior to voting was spelled out that option 1 was for all to get 2 picks based on finishing order and option 2 being randomised for round 1 and then randomised for 9 teams in Round 2.
So where's the option of all teams get 2 picks, but from 3-16 teams are randomised in the pools like they are in the first round. Never had an option, so why make a vote which doesn't have all possible options?

E.g

Then Random Draws as follows:
Picks 19- 23 (Rams Bunnies Owls Breakers)
Picks 24 - 28 (Cruisers, Hawks, Dragons, Magic, Hurricanes  )
Picks 29 - 33 ( Hoods, Hedgehogs, Badgers, Werewolves, Leeches)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:08:03 PM by whatlez » Logged
kilbluff1985
Master Coach

coach in WXV, BXV, ADT ASC

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 04:09:27 PM »

Lez you had pretty much no input while we were discussing it and now you want to complain ::) didn't see this coming at all lol
Justin Bieber
Guest Coach
Bootstudder

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 04:12:43 PM »

I was the one who brought up the idea so not sure if you are just being a dickhead or serious.
Ringo
Coaching Legend

2014 RDT Elxam m0nty medalist

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 04:14:07 PM »

During the discussion it was raised how to benefit the mid range teams and this was the option that was brought up and leaving the Top 8 without a pick and that is the basis of the option put out to vote. Was not my preferred as I said but am abiding by vote.  If you wanted 2 picks you should have voted for option 1 which imo was the fairest of all.
Spite
Seasoned Coach

4th Overall & m0nty medallist DT 2017 @Pistol_DRSC

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 04:17:33 PM »

Yeah this way it will even out the teams as they get an extra depth player. It will be good for the competition in the long term!
Justin Bieber
Guest Coach
Bootstudder

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 04:17:49 PM »

During the discussion it was raised how to benefit the mid range teams and this was the option that was brought up and leaving the Top 8 without a pick and that is the basis of the option put out to vote. Was not my preferred as I said but am abiding by vote.  If you wanted 2 picks you should have voted for option 1 which imo was the fairest of all.
The problem with option A was that teams could deliberately lose in the finals (not sure why) to ensure a higher pick.
LF
Master Coach

2016 m0nty Medallist DT - 29th Overall DT 2016

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 04:20:03 PM »

The problem with option A was that teams could deliberately lose in the finals (not sure why) to ensure a higher pick.

There are only 4 teams left and really who would deliberately lose now they are so close to the GF so they aren`t really getting a much higher pick anyway.
Justin Bieber
Guest Coach
Bootstudder

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2014, 04:22:12 PM »

A team would tank to NOT make the GF? :o
JBs-Hawks
Seasoned Coach

Forever 63 Not Out

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »

Have now heard it all :P
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »

Have now heard it all :P
Justin Bieber
Guest Coach
Bootstudder

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 04:56:14 PM »

There are only 4 teams left and really who would deliberately lose now they are so close to the GF so they aren`t really getting a much higher pick anyway.
Well isn't the bottom 10 teams still fighting for positions too??
kilbluff1985
Master Coach

coach in WXV, BXV, ADT ASC

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2014, 04:59:50 PM »

Well isn't the bottom 10 teams still fighting for positions too??

no, just bragging rights

see the draft thread http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,98155.0.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines