FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL
| | |-+  Western Bulldogs (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | | |-+  Best 22 - 2015 edition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best 22 - 2015 edition  (Read 3280 times)
Doggoneit
Forward Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 06:51:29 PM »

Daniel ;D

We need him with the game plan we have been training. His almost flawless DE and tank will be important. Looks like we'll be the #1 ranked team for playing on after a mark and can't afford turnovers if that's how we are planning on attacking things.

^^^ Agreed ^^^

Doggoneit
Forward Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 07:10:35 PM »

Update after the preseason training so far

B: Johannisen, Roughead, Murphy
HB: Biggs, Morris, Picken
C: Hrovat, Wallis, Macrae
HF: Hunter, Redpath, Bontempelli
F: Stringer, Boyd, Dahlhaus
R: Minson, Liberatore, Boyd
I: Crameri, Stevens, Wood, Daniel

Obviously Crameri is best 18 but he's been training more as a midfielder and Redpath has shed some kgs and looks like a completely different player. Stringer also training as a mid most of the time and dominating.

Boyd can play back up ruck if we go with this. Campbell might come in for Redpath based on form, or Crameri to CHF and Hamling/Talia (Hamling ahead at the moment) in for Redpath if we need another tall down back.

I think you have it pretty close MM - the mail I have been getting agrees with your selections

but IMO you need one more tall defender - you cant rely on Wood to play 3rd tall especially with Morris playing above his height as well.
I think Talia will get the gig to start with pressure from Hamling. Roberts was the one I though could have a big year but is still restricted by his shoulder op - hope he is back on the track soon.

JJ will need to step up is he is going to hold down a spot.

not sure how Stevens will fit with Bevo's style - but we need big bodies out there.

L Jong is a good chance to push in also - his improvement has been excellent - he has good burst speed and the man is fearless

Redpath is an interesting one - I have the same mail as you, he has put down his improved mobility to finally getting over his knee issues - still a little unsure if he is ready just yet but I hope he is.

not sure how many games T Boyd will get - not even sure he will be in the Rd 1 side as his fitness is not up to scratch. I don't expect huge things this year.
Not sure about throwing him into the ruck either, would prefer Roughy or Redpath to do the pinch hitting.
Money Shot
Seasoned Coach

In Cripps We Trust

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 10:56:53 PM »

Hey guys I don't really follow the doggys much but when ever I do watch them play JJ always seems to catch my eye and he looks like he could be a gun and I am considering him in supercoach and would like to hear everyones thoughts.
Doggoneit
Forward Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 12:03:07 PM »

based on pre-season and starting to get an insight into Bev's thinking

this is how I see the likely Rd 1 line up

B: Morris Roughead M Boyd
HB: Wood Talia Darley
C: Macrae Wallis Murphy
HF: Grant Redpath Dickson
F: Picken T Boyd Stringer
Foll: Minson Bontempelli Dahlhaus

I/C: from Stevens, Hunter, Jong, Prudden, Johannisen, Hrovat, Daniel, Honeychurch, Hamling, Campbell

Unavailable: Libba (knee :'() Crameri (ASADA), Biggs (Hamstring) Smith (Knee) Roberts (Shoulder/Groin)

I am starting to get pretty confident about the first 18 but there is healthy competition for the last few spots. I have Stevens at the head of the list

Hey guys I don't really follow the doggys much but when ever I do watch them play JJ always seems to catch my eye and he looks like he could be a gun and I am considering him in supercoach and would like to hear everyones thoughts.

I would give him a miss. He is quick which we need in our team but his disposal is questionable and he turns the ball over too much. It seems to be more by his game sense and decision making than skills. At some stage I think it will "click" for him and he will become a serious player. I think Bev will play him more rotating through wing/half fwd/mid rather than half back, which should allow him to show more of his natural flair.
At this stage I have him as a fringe player and thus he could be in and out of the side.

Doggoneit
Forward Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 10:14:29 PM »

an update

Darley looks like he has dropped out of contention
Stevens may have also dropped out , he did also have a wrist injury but his form in the VFL game was average.
Prudden showed good signs but after rarely getting on the paddock in the last 2 years he will come through the VFL
Campbell wont be played as a fwd so will essentially be back up for Big Will
Hunter is under club suspension and can't be selected for Rd 1

Bob has declared Jong will play (as well as confirming Redpath)
I think Hamling has firmed up a spot
My feeling is Hrovat is in Bevs 22 but he will need to get through tomorrow VFL game

B:      Morris  Roughead  Hamling

HB:    Wood  Talia  Murphy

C:      Macrae  Wallis  Grant

HF:    Crameri  Redpath Hrovat

F:      Dickson  T Boyd  Stringer

FOLL: Minson  Bontempelli  Dahlhaus

IC:     M Boyd, Picken, Jong  _______

Crameri is unlikely, even if not suspended he has had no decent preseason hitouts so I'm not sure if he would go in cold or not.

So we need someone to fill the hole for Crameri and someone to fill the last bench spot

Does Ayce get a game effectively taking Crameri's spot? or will he be the backup for Redpath/Boyd

The way I see it four others are in contention

Honeychurch : Has done nothing wrong all pre season, was BOG in NAB2 and backed that up with a solid performance in NAB3

Daniel: Has also done nothing wrong all pre season and looks like it wont take long to acclimatise to AFL level - I'm rooting for him to get a spot as I believe he can add a lot to the team.

Goodes: Solid in NAB2 and then really put his hand up in NAB3. Has been elevated for Libba and provides another mature body

Johannisen : Provides the speed we need to add to the team but it comes with average/poor disposal. Is he the ideal Sub ?

SydneyRox
Veteran Coach

GOT Pillow Talk

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 10:35:18 PM »

He has been elevated, but no goodes in the 22?
Doggoneit
Forward Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 10:47:48 PM »

The way I see it he is one of 5 fighting for 2 spots

SydneyRox
Veteran Coach

GOT Pillow Talk

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 10:52:41 PM »

cheers, i have been nervous, despite everyone else telling me he is a lock
Rusty00
Seasoned Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 08:12:09 AM »

What about Hunter? Is he suspended for Rd.1?

Do you think he is best 22?
tbagrocks
Veteran Coach

Inaugural i5s Premiership Coach of the Irish!

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 09:17:35 AM »

Just curious, what's happened with Michael Talia that he is in this years team? Two years ago had a big 32 possession game so if he stays best 22 he could be a cheaper mid-pricer option!

But what happened last year that he didn't play? To my knowledge he wasn't injured all year? Form?
Doggoneit
Forward Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 09:22:13 AM »

What about Hunter? Is he suspended for Rd.1?

Do you think he is best 22?

yes Hunter had a club suspension imposed due to being late to recovery sessions.

He will be available for Rd 2.

He is very close to best 22 - add him to the mix with Honeychurch, Daniel, JJ, Goodes to be pushing for inclusion.

Doggoneit
Forward Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 09:30:18 AM »

Just curious, what's happened with Michael Talia that he is in this years team? Two years ago had a big 32 possession game so if he stays best 22 he could be a cheaper mid-pricer option!

But what happened last year that he didn't play? To my knowledge he wasn't injured all year? Form?

That is a good question and no he was not injured.

after discussions with other Doggies we came to the conclusion that he and Roberts were held back in the VFL to aid their development.
Was it an issue with the coach? very possibly - he is not the best one on one defender and therefore didn't suit the previous game plan. Bevo has changed the game plan to be more zone defense which suits him much better.

I actually rate Roberts as a better player than Talia at this stage, but Roberts has taken some time to recover from off season shoulder surgery.

The early mail from those close to the inner sanctum was that he would be given first opportunity to hold down CHB and Redpath would be given first crack at CHF.
That mail looks to be spot on.
tbagrocks
Veteran Coach

Inaugural i5s Premiership Coach of the Irish!

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 09:46:18 AM »

I've got a mate who seems to think we may lose Daniel to the Dogs because of his Brother and Grandfather. But if Michael cant cement a spot, he can come across the boarder ;)

Yeah really thought it strange he ddidnt play last year as I thought his rebound game was fine, if he played with his brother at all surely he can develop into a key defender? Another year in the gym, Im hoping for the sake of the Bulldogs anyway
Ricochet
Coaching Legend

2014 AF Elxam Champ; Dublin are pie

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2015, 10:03:03 AM »

So you reckon Hamling is pretty safe in that 22 mate?
Doggoneit
Forward Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2015, 10:03:34 AM »

a lot of supporters were adamant he should have been played last year instead of Austin.

none of us can really work out why Austin was played.

KPD's are our biggest issue now - we made big offers to Lonergan (Cats) and Hendo (Blues) in the trade period.

The few times I have heard Talia speak he seemed quite happy and he has mentioned the Grandfather link; seemingly tying him to the club
We would be more than happy to take Daniel off your hands  ;) although we also understand it could go the other way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines