FanFooty   FanFooty
Australian Rules
Fantasy Football
Blog Forum App

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Name: Pwd: Login for:

Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
+  FanFooty Forum
|-+  General sports discussion
| |-+  AFL
| | |-+  Western Bulldogs (Moderators: LF, LaHug, Ringo)
| | | |-+  Best 22 - 2015 edition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best 22 - 2015 edition  (Read 3054 times)
Doggoneit
Forward Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2015, 10:13:50 AM »

So you reckon Hamling is pretty safe in that 22 mate?

Like most I originally though he might have been a dud pick, but he has continued to improve and impress throughout the pre season.

He put his hand up in NAB3 and I would suspect our Rd1 22 will come from this squad (only exception will be Hrovat)

Bev stated early on he didn't want Morris playing above his height and with Austin now gone (thank god) I can see both Talia and Hamling playing - in fact they seem to complement each other very well.

Roberts is the one who will put pressure on these 2 as he works his way back to full fitness - played half a VFL game last week and should play more game time in VFL today.

I have Hamling him in my team with Oxley and Saad.

tbagrocks
Veteran Coach

Inaugural i5s Premiership Coach of the Irish!

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 10:22:07 AM »

Unfortunately for you I think Uncle Phil has turned our club around and Danny Talia will se reason to re-sign, good luck over there though :)  Must be easier now though with Boydy there! Huge snare for the midfield which is the Bulldogs
kilbluff1985
Master Coach

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »

my thoughts on Goodes were with Cooney and Griff gone they need another senior body out there
Doggoneit
Forward Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 09:16:28 AM »

Reports back from yesterdays VFL game.

Nth Ballarat jumped to an early lead which they held all day - the Dogs chipped away and came hard in the last quarter to lose by 1 goal.

1/4 time    6.3.39 to 2.0.12
1/2 time  10.5.65 to 6.2.38
3/4 time  12.9.81 to 9.3.57
full time  13.10.88 to 13.4.82

5 AFL listed players were involved.

Hrovat - improved throughout the day and was outstanding in the 2nd half. Instrumental in getting the dogs back in the game. Has probably put himself in the round 1 side.

Hunter - ok 1st half, 2nd half very good - has too much talent to be playing VFL. Will he come straight into the team Round 2 or will he have to fight to get his spot back.

Stevens - was very good and 100% better than last week ( wondering if his wrist was holding him back). May have played himself into consideration.

Roberts - got through full game unscathed and will be better for the run - he will be putting pressure on Talia and Hamling very soon.

Campbell - strong in the ruck but struggled around the ground - unlikely to play unless Big Will is out for any reason.

petefisker
Training Scout

Best SC Rank 10th overall

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2015, 09:05:50 PM »

Will Wallis be free now to get 120 each week?  8) :P
Doggoneit
Forward Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 11:37:32 PM »

Wallis stated today that he will not be playing run with or tagging roles this year.

I don't think Bev will use a tagger at all. If a game situation requires it then I suspect Picken will get the job.
petefisker
Training Scout

Best SC Rank 10th overall

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2015, 01:53:18 PM »

Where did Wallis state that mate?
Doggoneit
Forward Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2015, 12:24:44 PM »

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2015-04-01/ask-a-bulldog-mitch-wallis-rd1
powersuperkents
Seasoned Coach

Goal for 2017... Retain Pittard

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2015, 07:59:22 PM »

Don't want to speak too soon. However, from what I have seen, I think the Bulldogs will be fighting for the 8 (and would be my prediction for a surprise inclusion for 8th spot). Being a Port supporter, I see a lot of similarities with this young Bulldog's side with my team back in 2013. If they get one or two surprise wins against the main six (i.e. Hawks, Sydney, Freo, Geelong, Port, & Nth) I think they will make it. Really like the way the team is looking and I initially had them pinned in the bottom 4 after the catastrophic off-season. Wasn't an easy job but Luke Beveridge has given a top tier performance (and to think this is all without Libba). 
Mailman the 2nd
Seasoned Coach

They're coming for 9th

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2015, 08:26:06 PM »

And to think they're doing this well early while paying $1mill a year to a guy who'll only be kicking 1-2 goals a game this year and still paying out the majority of Ryan Griffen's contract is impressive.

Does leave open the question of stars leaving for cash when they all start hitting their straps in 3-4 years time though.
meow meow
Hardened Coach

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2015, 08:43:42 PM »

And to think they're doing this well early while paying $1mill a year to a guy who'll only be kicking 1-2 goals a game this year and still paying out the majority of Ryan Griffen's contract is impressive.

Does leave open the question of stars leaving for cash when they all start hitting their straps in 3-4 years time though.

Yeah um that's incorrect. 1st and 2nd year players have a base wage (+any match payments) and Boyd is on the same $ as any other second year, first round draft pick. Probably about 150K. The 7M figure includes the money we're paying Griffen. Clubs cannot pay 2nd year players more than the base rate.
Doggoneit
Forward Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2015, 12:14:42 AM »

Yeah um that's incorrect. 1st and 2nd year players have a base wage (+any match payments) and Boyd is on the same $ as any other second year, first round draft pick. Probably about 150K. The 7M figure includes the money we're paying Griffen. Clubs cannot pay 2nd year players more than the base rate.

Macrae & Stringer have already signed contract extensions this year and Bont signed an extension last year
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

FanFooty Contact Us About Us Advertising Site Map Copyright © 2004-2011 Paul Montgomery.
SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines